Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Salutations, new poster here (very nervous)

I'm just glad to have found a space full of people who understand. I hope being a part of this forum can facilitate my journey towards healing. Learning to navigate new websites sure is tricky, hope I haven't committed any grievous faux pas so far, haha. ❤️

Hi there flora and welcome.

I am very sorry for what you've gone thru, but do know that you have found a supportive site. The members of this community are kind and understanding. You are not alone. 

There are hardly any faux pas' from saying hello and why you've joined. It is exactly what we look for in the welcome area. You will find more detailed conversations in the private forums, which usually has a topic heading that is in relation to the type of threads posted there. Sometimes they have a brief description to help, too. It's ok to take your time to look around, it will become easier as you go. You will not be pressured to go faster than is right for you.

I am glad you decided to reach out. I know it's a big step to do so...and I hope it is one of many steps you will be taking forward on this journey of healing. 

Mary

:notalone:  

Welcome to AS, @fiendishflora! I'm glad you found your way here. :) You definitely haven't done anything wrong. No worries! It's totally normal to be nervous in a new place, though. But have no fear...there's a ton of supportive and kind people here. You're not alone. I'm so sorry for what you've experienced. You didn't deserve any of it, whatever it may have been. I hope that you find AS to be as helpful as I have. I wish you all the best on your healing journey. ❤️ 

-Finch

Dear fiendishflora

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Welcome to AS, @fiendishflora - I'm glad you're here.  It takes a lot of courage and guts to sign up for a community like this one and I applaud you for doing so!  

Although I understand the nerves, please be assured that you are not alone and you're supported.  Hopefully, our amazing Newbie Support Team has been helpful with the providing of helpful links to different areas of the site.  If you have any questions at all, I am also just a holler away.

Best wishes to you,

- Cap

Welcome @fiendishflora to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi there. 

Thanks for posting and saying hello. I’m sorry you are here for the reasons you are but it is good to meet you none the less. I’m new here too and I’m still trying to navigate the cite and figure out exactly what to read and write. I’m always nervous when I meet new people in person or online bc I tend to say stupid things and put my foot in my mouth. Hopefully I don’t do that here. 

Im glad you found your way here and can find support and healing hopefully.