Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Wolfly

Hi, 

I'm very new to talking to people about anything but I'm here. I somewhere to come to and I found this. I'm not quite sure what I should say here, but I didn't want to be alone.

I'm Canadian, I'm still in school, I figure skate and I have a cat, who is the majority of my support system, along with one person. I'm not sure what else there is to say about myself.

Hi Wolfly,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but you will find much support. This community is filled with understanding and kind members. Do know you are not alone.

I know it can be a little scary trying something new...especially like this. You can take it as slow as you like. I do recommend looking around the site and seeing where your comfort level is. Interact in those comfortable places, but there is never any rush. You will see tho, just by reading, many have likely experienced similar things and struggle similar struggles. It is unfair to have gone thru any of it, but it does help knowing others understand.

I am glad you found us and decided to reach out. It is a big step to take, one of many, I hope. I wish you well as you continue down this path we call healing.

BTW...animals can be a great source of comfort to us, can't they? We have a thread that is all about our favorite, mostly 4-legged buddies. If you care to share your furbaby kitty or just look at other members helpful fur friends, here is the link:   AfterSilence Pet Pictures--CLICK HERE

Mary

:notalone:

4 hours ago, Wolfly said:

Hi, 

I'm very new to talking to people about anything but I'm here. I somewhere to come to and I found this. I'm not quite sure what I should say here, but I didn't want to be alone.

I'm Canadian, I'm still in school, I figure skate and I have a cat, who is the majority of my support system, along with one person. I'm not sure what else there is to say about myself.

Hello @Wolfly, and welcome to After Silence :flowers: I am Wanna. 

This community will be there for you. You can choose whichever topic you like, but also, being the "fly on the wall" is okay as well. You can participate or just follow content, we are happy to have you. 

This is a place to receive support, relate, exchange advice, vent and much more. All kinds of survivors are invited. I am sincerely sorry for your reasons to be here. 

Figure skating is a lovely sport. I am from Sweden myself, where hokey and skating is a thing. I love cats 🐈

If you would need anything at all, have questions or need some support, staff always has doors open. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. :aswelcomesu:

Take care

- Wanna ☀️

Dear wolfly

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Welcome @Wolfly to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.