Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello.

New here, was recommended by a friend to join here. I'm not sure what else to say,  considering everyone wants me to talk about it but I'm not very social and finding myself trying to bring it up gives me panic attacks. Regardless... it's nice to meet you all.

Hi, Chiiru84, and welcome!  :wave: I'm not very social either. For some reason it's easier for me to type it out online. You don't have to talk about. You can say as much or as little as you like. :)

5 hours ago, Chiiru84 said:

New here, was recommended by a friend to join here. I'm not sure what else to say,  considering everyone wants me to talk about it but I'm not very social and finding myself trying to bring it up gives me panic attacks. Regardless... it's nice to meet you all.

Hi Chiiru,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. The members are understanding and kind. Please, take your time and look around. You are not required to share more than you want or able. Sometimes just reading posts can help. The main thing is you know that you are not alone. It's not easy to share, I know. I have found myself only sharing bits and pieces of what happened to me in my time here, and a few times on the struggles that I have faced. Use the site in a way that suits you. Reaching out is a big step, and I do wish you many more forward steps as you start to navigate your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

1 minute ago, Hopex3 said:

Hi. I'm also new to this site. How do I create a post or a blog? How do I post something other users can comment on?

Hi Hope,

Welcome to the site. You will find tons of support here. I will PM you with some helpful hints. (Check the envelope in the top right corner in a few minutes).

Mary

Welcome Chiiru! It's ok if you don't know what to say - there is no right way to do this. Just have a look around and see what speaks to you. Hope you find this place useful.