Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hello

so I'm havel. I only really realized stuff for what it was two days ago, after denying it for nearly ten years so uh yeah. I also don't remember much more then three separate memories, but that's probably better that way.

uh I don't really know what to put here but I'm an artist and I make comics. I love video games (especially pokemon) and watching tv and I read too. So hi I guess.

I also forgot but I have bad legs (hard to walk or stand more then half an hour on good days or go up stairs) that are probably due to arthritis even though I'm only almost 18. (pair that with vitamin deficiencies and a permanent cough from when I got the whooping cough-which means coughing so hard I dry heave and run out of air.)

Edited by Havel

Welcome Havel! I am Chantel and am part of the NST (Newbie Support Team).

You are brave and strong for reaching out.

We are all survivors here in one way or another. I really am sorry to hear you belong in a place such as this, but since you are hear I am glad you found this wonderfully supportive site.

It is my wish you find it as healing as I have.

28 minutes ago, Havel said:

so I'm havel. I only really realized stuff for what it was two days ago, after denying it for nearly ten years so uh yeah. I also don't remember much more then three separate memories, but that's probably better that way.

uh I don't really know what to put here but I'm an artist and I make comics. I love video games (especially pokemon) and watching tv and I read too. So hi I guess.

I also forgot but I have bad legs (hard to walk or stand more then half an hour on good days or go up stairs) that are probably due to arthritis even though I'm only almost 18. (pair that with vitamin deficiencies and a permanent cough from when I got the whooping cough-which means coughing so hard I dry heave and run out of air.)

Hi Havel,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry that you suffered trauma. You didn't deserve to be hurt. This is a very supportive site with understanding and kind members. Denying is such an easy thing to do, many of us have tried (30+ years here). I discovered tho, that denying is temporary, and the effects do not go away just because you do. It is unfair.  It's good that you have a creative outlet, perhaps you can share some of your work in our creativity forum? I wish you well as you continue your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi and welcome, sorry for what brings you here. I too had hidden this from others and myself for 20+ years so I understand completely. I am very new here too, but everyone is so supportive and it's great to have people that fully understand you. You are very brave for reaching out and remember that you are the one in control of the rest of your journey. It may seem like an uphill struggle at times but be assured that everyday makes you a little stronger than you already are. Hugs if that's ok. :hug:Tinks

Hi and welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma you experienced. I hope you find our site supportive and informative. I wish you well on your path to healing.

:notalone::youcanheal::aswelcomesu: