Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

noname92

Hi all,

Well I don't really know what to say and even if I belong to here, I've been abused by my big brother when I was about 10 years old I don't really remember anything from it but I know it was for a few monthes.

Edited by noname92

Hi noname,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the abuses that you suffered, but know you have found a supportive site. The members here are kind and understand. You ask if you belong? If you want or need a place to help you heal, you belong. Many of us have memory issues, and this is the result of trauma. Perpetrators can be men or woman and the can be young or old. This does not discredit the trauma you have suffered. You do deserve to heal, and stepping out here on the site is a good start. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi noname,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the abuses that you suffered, but know you have found a supportive site. The members here are kind and understand. You ask if you belong? If you want or need a place to help you heal, you belong. Many of us have memory issues, and this is the result of trauma. Perpetrators can be men or woman and the can be young or old. This does not discredit the trauma you have suffered. You do deserve to heal, and stepping out here on the site is a good start. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Thank you

hello noname, and welcome toAfter Silence

my name is Paula and i am a member of the newbie support team here

i hope you are finding your way around okay, if you need any help please contact me or one of the team

take care

Paula

Every sexual abuse case is serious. Of course you belong here. I'm sorry that happened to you :( I'm new here as well. I don't have concrete memory of my situation either. I was sexually abused by my grandmother at a very young age. Not remembering everything doesn't make it trivial. Hugs!