Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Amaris

• Content Count

• Last visited

About Amaris

• Rank
    turning a corner

Profile Information

• Interests
    Reading, music, yoga, drawing, history, films, gardening/nature, drinking wine with my friends. ;)

Previous Fields

• MembershipType
    Survivor

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://

Recent Profile Visitors

977 profile views
  1. Welcome C, I really hope you find the support and acceptance you're looking for here.
  2. Hi Hope and welcome! You'll find lots of works in progress here! Hope you find the healing you need.
  3. Amaris

Hello

Hi John, welcome! I hope you find the support you need here.
  4. Hi Christina, welcome! I hope you get what you need from AS.
  5. Hi survivingangel, welcome! I hope you find the support you need here. People are very friendly. There's no pressure, you can just read & comment on other people's threads, or start your own when you feel ready.
  6. Hi Osiris and welcome to AS! Hope you find the support you need here. There are lots of lovely, friendly people here.
  7. Well, I've only been here a few weeks and still discovering parts of the site! Good starting points are probably Gathering Place or The Aftermath - you'll find people posting messages directly about the issues they're dealing with after rape or abuse. You can start your own topic, or you can read other people's and reply if you like. There's a forum called Share your Story which is probably the best place if you want to tell your story of exactly what happened to you, but you don't have to if you don't want to. That forum is protected so you can only go there if you have over 10 posts, or you
  8. Welcome Gift! I hope you find the support you need here. What you feel is very normal, and lots of people here are going through the same thing.
  9. Hi Rachel and welcome! I'm so sorry that you were brought here by such circumstances, and I'm sorry you're hurting so much. You're not alone. You'll find lots of people here that are going through the same or similar things. I hope you find the support and healing that you need.
  10. Hi, and welcome! I hope you find the support & healing that you need.
  11. Hi Bluedove and welcome, I hope you find the support you need here at AS.
  12. Hi Hovis and welcome! I'm sorry you've had to come here when you thought you had dealt with things, but I hope you find the comfort and healing you need here.
  13. Hi haldy, welcome! I hope you find the support you need here.
  14. Hi, welcome to AS. I read your story on another thread. It certainly is a "big deal". Your friends aren't the ones that went through it, so don't let them make you feel like it's not important. It's how you feel about it that matters. Don't worry about not having had as "bad" experience as other people. I have felt like that too, reading other people's stories, but anyone that's here is here for a reason. Something bad has happened that's making them struggle with life. Whatever your story, unfortunately there will always be something worse that could have happened, but it doesn't take away th
  15. Hi, welcome! I hope you find the support and healing you need here.