Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I don't exactly know exactly where to begin. I was in a bad relationship for 4yrs. I was verbally and psychologically abused, as well as raped. I have many conflicted feelings about, but I think they all mostly stem from not fully coming to terms with it. I can name it as such, but I can't quite deal with associating it with myself yet, if that makes sense.

I just want to get past it all. Seven months since and I'm happier, but I feel more broken because I have names to put to the types of pain I had and still have. The bandages of ignorance are gone. I'm having a hard time dealing with it.

I hope this place and some time will be the perfect tonic for this.

Here's to high hopes

Hello CherokeeRose,

Welcome to AS. This is a very supportive site with many people who genuinely care. I'm sorry for the trauma you suffered, but just know that you are no longer alone and that healing is possible.

Mary

:notalone:

I was raped last weekend. It was a Friday night and I just turned 21 the day before. I never went to a bar and it was overwhelming feeling. I did do a some shots and a drink and I went home with a guy I didn't know. We made out but I didn't want to have sex with him. He kept putting my hand on his groin and somewhat force me to perform oral on him. Then he raped me anally. It feels like the people I trust don't want to talk about it with me. I just then detact myself emotionally

Hello CherokeeRose,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the Newbie support team
here, I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any
help with anything, please let me or one of the team know and we will do our
best to help if we can

take care, Paula

Hi CherokeeRose, :hi:

I'm sorry that you went through that terrible crime. You sound so brave and strong. I wish it had never happened to you, but I'm really glad you found us and I hope that you can find some of the kind support that you deserve from the members here.

With support,

Activist Ally

• 2 weeks later...