Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi From The New Girl...

Hi! Thanks so much for allowing me here.

Feels strange and I guess I didn't realise things like this were out there. Or I've never looked before! This week has been a rough one, the majority of the time I've ignored the abuse in my life because I've never wanted to really deal with it.. But I'm slowly realising ignoring it won't make it go away!

Hello and welcome. I am new here as well and know that holding it in doesn't help. We spend all our energy reserve to try and hide what happened eventually our energy reserve runs out and we are stuck dealing with the emotions anyways. We can heal and if you need someone to talk to I am here for you. :friends2:

Hey!

That's really kind, thank you.

You are totally right it literally does take so much energy away.

I just read your first post from the other day. I'm a mum now too and I guess for the last four years he's been here I've completely focused on him.

I'm a single mum and I've had my struggles with that but he's just the best thing that's ever happened to me!

I'd go as far as to say he totally saved my life!

I've found my self these last few weeks getting more and more anxious and replaying stuff in my mind.. It's made me irritable and I guess that's why I searched for somewhere to vent!

It's not fair I'm snapping at my little one I feel guilty for that.....

Do you know what I mean?

Sometimes I feel like it's just me!

X

Hi Gracie,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for your trauma, but AS is a very supportive site. You are going to find many understanding and kind members here. Many of us, including myself, have tried to ignore it, deny it, and wish it away. It would be nice if that worked, but unfortunately we are stuck with the effects that monsters do. It's a good step to reach out, one which I hope is the first of many for you. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Gracie, Im sorry I did not respond to this sooner I did not receive a notification that you had responded?? But Yes I completely understand what you are going through right now. I do not have a 4 year old but I do have 2 children so I guess that makes it the equivalent lol :) I too have been feeling anxious and irritable the last couple of weeks due to all the hormones running through my body on top of all the stuff I was diagnosed with before I was pregnant. I was in denial and thought that I had washed my hands of my past and that I could be fine without help...well I was wrong and it came back to bite me the butt. Now ive been struggling with the shame all over again and the flashbacks. I am doing a lot of research on this and that is how I came across this site and I am so happy that I did because it has been helping me so much to be able to vent and get my frustrations out...I find myself less irritable with my children after I am able to spend some time on here to unwind. I hope your having a good day and message me anytime I will always respond. :friends2: