Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New Here

Hi everyone

I guess I am a survivor....although I'm not sure.

I just recently started having flashbacks of incidents that happened 45 years ago.

How sad is that! Most of my life is a mystery, and I was right there while it happened!

Trying to muddle through all the thoughts.

Survivor78

Edited by survivor78

hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi there, welcome to AS :flowers:

You sound like a survivor to me :) I am sorry to hear that you are having flashbacks, they can be so awful but i am glad that you found this place, people here understand, maybe if you feel like it you could check out the Aftermath forum, if you do a serch on flashbacks, you will find lots of posts on that, or maybe post a thread yourself asking for tips to cope or something

Only if you feel up to it though :)

All the very best and hope to see you around the forums :)

Hello, I'm C. I'm new to this site too (well at least to Posting and speaking to Others). Although I have few flashbacks sO much as memories, any survivor to paIn is a Person in need of acceptance. I welcome you and hope you find what you're looking for.

Hi and welcome to After Silence.

It's sad that something bad happened. It's sad that you have to deal with it. It's NOT sad that you're reaching out, and it's NOT sad that you're strong enough to deal with whatever it was now. I really think that a lot of times, we "forget" until something inside us says we're strong enough to handle it.

I hope that the community we have here helps you as you heal. I know it's helped me immeasurably.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found