Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Joce

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and didn't know how else to start off here. This is the first time that I've recognized and attempted to come to terms with what's happened and how much it's truly affected me, instead of doing everything in my power to push it out of my mind (which never worked that well anyway). I'm hoping to find some way to recover from all this, and move on to leading a more normal life. I'm very scared about bringing up everything again, but I hope I can find some sort of peace in it all. Anyway, just wanted to inroduce myself to start off. Thanks for reading,

- Joce

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and didn't know how else to start off here. This is the first time that I've recognized and attempted to come to terms with what's happened and how much it's truly affected me, instead of doing everything in my power to push it out of my mind (which never worked that well anyway). I'm hoping to find some way to recover from all this, and move on to leading a more normal life. I'm very scared about bringing up everything again, but I hope I can find some sort of peace in it all. Anyway, just wanted to inroduce myself to start off. Thanks for reading,

- Joce

Welcome home! I wish that you did not have a reason to be on here as do I, but the fact is we do. I was assulted last friday am .. and it was not the first time. I was about 8 when the 1st assult happened and i lived with the guilt , hurt , anger tec.. for years. I finally tried hypnotherepy and it worked. I am trying to save money so that I can go for this previous S.A. that happend. I was doing so great and I know that if you really want to move forward and have a future we have to let go of the past. WAY EASIER SAID THAN DONE, but I am here for you if you need advice. God Bless and I will pray for you.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Joce--

Thank you for your post. I feel a little less alone now, because I think you are right where I am...although you are scared, please remember how brave you are to face this. Right now I am working on the book "The Courage to Heal" by Ellen Bass. My therapist has a stack of those books in his office, left by people who could never face their past. They simply never returned. Despite what you feel--you are brave! And you are not alone.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

You're welcome. :flowers:

Hi Joce,

I get how a person can avoid their past. I recently discovered that I'd suppressed/was suppressing what had happened to me years ago. Although it's like I've lost all those years to that, I've only begun dealing with it since I remembered/realised. Part of the pain of that includes the loss of those intermittent years of my life, and the way I've lived my life during that time. I'm glad you're confronting the past to move forward. I hope I can as well.

Thinking of you.

Found

• 2 weeks later...

welcome to after-silence. :)