Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello I Am New

I just joined this site. I am not even sure what i am looking for really, just support i guess. I have not yet posted my story but I do think that I will.. even if no one reads it, I think it will help to actually say everything that happened.

I think maybe if I had some therapy to deal with the things I have gone through I would be ok, but i do not even know how to go about seeking help.

anyway yea here i am, i have not suffered any rape or abuse in the last 8 years, I would of thought i would be healing but thats not the case.

hello and welcome to AS (after silence)

i hope you find what you are looking for here. there is much trust and support here

hun, dont rush or push yourself to tell your story/stories... in your own time. they are always read by some and its greatly appreciated.

even after 8 years it can still be as hard as if it just happened if you havent processed it and healed. and i hope we will help you on the way and make trusted friends here.

welcome

and your welcome to pm me anytime

take care hun,

mel86

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Welcome to you! :hi:

You are reaching out for help and it is so good. People here have helped me so much already. I am new too.

My most significant abuse was over 10 years ago and I am still healing. There is something about these events that take a huge toll in our lives. The most progress I made was sharing with others who have been through similar things. I just don't think people can truly help unless they can empathize from personal experience.

:hug: You are among friends. Welcome again.

Hello and welcome. I'm new here too. My abuse ended 15 years ago and I'm still healing. I have talked about it more here than I ever have. Just knowing that someone who understands is reading your story is the most peace with it I have ever found.

Hi True,

Welcome to Aftersilence. My name is Mandy and I'm apart of the Newbie Support Team here at AS. If at anytime you have any questions please let me know.

Healing can be a very long process. And you know sometimes we don't actually start healing until years later. Reaching out here is a step...

Therapy sounds like a good idea. Could you look into r*pe crisis centers near you (and that shouldn't cost anything).

Mandy

thanks for the warm welcome everyone. and thanks mandy, I did not consider a r*pe crisis centers because it was so long ago, i guess i thought .. you know honestly i guess for some reason i thought what happened to me not important enough for them to deal with.. because it was so long ago.

welcome to as, true2myself.

to thine own self be true - shakespeare.

Edited by whimsical1