Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Hello I'm new to AS. I joined last night. I was so relieved when I found this place. I'm 18 years old and I have never told anyone about anything thats happened to me except my significant other. But I'm in a long distance relationship and its extremely hard to get any kind of help from them now. I was raped between the ages of 12 and 14 by my boyfriend at the time. He was 15 when we stared our relationship. It was the most soul shattering thing that has ever happened to me. He was abusive and over the course of two years he raped me thirty seven times and put me in the hospital more times than I can count. The only good thing that ever came out of that relationship is my five year old redheaded daughter Tessa. Sometimes I just need a person to talk to..and I hope I can find that here.

Lisa

Edited by LisaAnn

Welcome to AS Lisa :wave:

This is a very supportive place, so make yourself at home.

Im sorry you went through such h*ll, but being able to see that Tessa is a good thing is just beautiful.

If you ever wanna talk, feel free to PM me.

Ashley

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Lisa welcome to AS :flowers: I am sorry for all that you have been through. I hope over time you feel comfortable enough here to share your story and break the silence. There is no pressure to do that though, feel free to look around and join in when you feel comfortable. If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Edited by sadeyes22

Hello Lisa, and welcome to AS. :)

Thank you all. I'm starting to feel a little better already. Is that wierd?

Nope. :flowers:

Well thats good. :) I never thought that I would find anyone who has been through what I have. It makes me feel...relieved I guess above all things.

welcome to AS :hi:

Thanks

Hi and Welcome, Lisa! :wave:

I'm sorry that you have the need for a forum such as this, but I'm pleased that you've found this one . There are so many friendly, supportive people around. I know you;ll find the support you seek.

On a personal note, I know what it's like to be in a long distance relationship. It's really hard when you need your sig.others support immediately and have no way of connecting with them at the time. I"m sorry that you're going through that.

You have friends here now, though. So , you're not alone.

I look forward to knowing you,

Lawrence

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hey LisaAnn and welcome to AS!

My name is Sara and I am a member of the Newbie Support Team which was set up to help new members settle in, so if you have any problems or questions then feel free to send me a message and I'll do my best to help you :)

I'm so sorry for what happened to you. I was a little older than you, but Im here because of my boyfriend (at the time) as well, so I can understand a little what it's like. Having your daughter must be so rewarding and precious though :)

And no, it's not weird that you're beginning to feel better already. It's good to know you arent alone and have a place where people understand!

Take good care, and I hope you settle in well

Sara x

Thanks for your support and understanding Lawrence :) Long distance relationships suck

Thanks again Sara ;)

Hello I'm new to AS. I joined last night. I was so relieved when I found this place. I'm 18 years old and I have never told anyone about anything thats happened to me except my significant other. But I'm in a long distance relationship and its extremely hard to get any kind of help from them now. I was raped between the ages of 12 and 14 by my boyfriend at the time. He was 15 when we stared our relationship. It was the most soul shattering thing that has ever happened to me. He was abusive and over the course of two years he raped me thirty seven times and put me in the hospital more times than I can count. The only good thing that ever came out of that relationship is my five year old redheaded daughter Tessa. Sometimes I just need a person to talk to..and I hope I can find that here.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I'm new here too. If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you. Anytime you feel upset, just look at your beautiful little daughter Tessa. She will bring comfort to you. Take good care of yourself.

ebrady

Hi, LisaAnn. :-)

We've talked already, but welcome, nevertheless. I'm pretty new, too. :flowers:

Anna

Yes we have talked! You're my new friend lol :) :)

Hi LisaAnn,

I'm in a long distance relationship too. I'm so sorry for what happened to you.

I hope to see you around the boards!

Mandy

I seem to have developed some kind of obsession with this board lol :wink:

Hi Lisa,

I'm new here too. If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you. Anytime you feel upset, just look at your beautiful little daughter Tessa. She will bring comfort to you. Take good care of yourself.

ebrady

I find comfort in my daughter every single day :) Thank you and you take care of yourself as well

Lisa

I have children too.

Aruna