Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Hi everyone.

I am new to this site. For almost a year after the rape I did not tell a soul about it, and to this day I still have a very hard time admitting that something happened to me. People have told me that I am brave and strong for coming forward, especially now being 16 years old, but I do not feel like I am at all. I have felt ashamed and been in fear since that night and I am just hoping to feel like I have some control again for coming forward, and hope to finally find some peace in my life. My mom has a big family and everyone was really close, but after I came forward and finally admitted my uncle did this to me every family member stuck up for him. To this day I cannot understand why my family blames me and why they say how dare I say something like that. They have done nothing, but deny that anything happened. I relive the night almost daily, and sleep has been near impossible. Right now I am just trying to survive high school, let alone trying to deal with all the anger and confusion that has built up inside of me.

I am definitely not one to talk or reach out to people, and this is the first time visiting a site like this so I hope this can be helpful. If you have any advice for me I am all ears, and thank you for being here and reading this.

Hi Gola,

You are, very very brave, and very smart to be reaching out now...rather than waiting until you are much older, like me, to move towards healing.

Please don't go back to silence...and don't let anyone make you feel ashamed.

Hi gola,

Welcome to Aftersilence. My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team here at AS. I can answer any questions you may have, so please feel free to PM at any time.

Coming here is a big step, and it's not that easy. I am sorry that they took your uncle's side. I want you to know that none of this is your fault or how your family reacted. Know that we're all here to support you and you can lean on us as much or as little as you need too.

Mandy

*safe hugs*

Hello gola, and welcome to AS. :)