Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey

I figured it was time I introduced myself...My name is Samantha (samcam) and I am a now single Mom of two beautiful boys, a 5 yr old and a 9 yr old who has Autism (Husband left within weeks of diagnosis.)

What brought me here was something I managed to lock away since it happened 15 yrs ago, when I was 20. I had actually gone as far as pressing charges but in the end blacked out in the prosecutor's office so it was decided not to go ahead. As I was helped out the door that day I began to lock it all away...until just a few weeks ago when it clawed its way back out.

I am a woman of faith that lives in a rural community in Eastern Canada - the Maritimes. While I have the support of the select few in whom I've confided, I needed to find others that could REALLY understand what it is I'm going through. Who know that PTSD isn't just about being a little stressed.

And thats what I have found. A caring community of people I feel connected to, that I can trust for support and be trusted in return. I'm so thankful I found you all...

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Welcome to AS. :)