Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Old Crime, New Person

Aloha,

Thank you John for sending me this link. I was having problems posting and you have given me thine key!!!

So a quick intro-

My crime is 10 years old. I have been chain smoking pot and popping pills ever since. I did manage to get married to a lovely understanding husband. He has always known about the rape. He also got me to consider getting sober. SOoooo, I have been for more than 2 months and feel great to not be a slave to my vices anylonger. I know 2 months doesn't sound like a lot, but to me it is enormous. I am hopeful that I will continue to improve and feel that joining this group is my next path to freedom and triumph from my rapist!! Maybe I am too optimistic.

Anyway, thank you for having me- iam glad to be here.

Liesal

Hi and welcome!

I am glad you found this place. I have only recently joined and it is so supportive and feels such a safe place to share.

Well done for staying sober for 2 months. A great achievement.

We will all support you all the way. There is also a forum here for addictions which has some great threads so have a look around.

Maddie X

Congrats on 2 months sober. And congrats on taking the steps to gain your freedom.

I'm also new and this place is awesome. I feared reactions to how I dealt with some of my past and I quickly found out that I wasn't the only one who'd done such. Nice to know you're not alone.

Welcome.

Hello there :flowers:

Welcome here to AS..We are a very compassionate and supportive community..Im glad you found us and are here with us..See ya around the boards :)

hugs graice

hi liesal!

welcome to AS. 2 months is a huge deal, that is awesome and you should be proud of yourself!

:wave: Hi again :hug::flowers:

Have already said hello but thought I would hi again :hug:

I think I already said everything that needs to be said, hehe, so I'll just say again that you can PM me anytime you want to ok :hug:

I'm here to help :flowers::flowers:

John

I think I already said everything that needs to be said, hehe, so I'll just say again that you can PM me anytime you want to ok :hug:

John

Hello,

Being optimistic is a good thing, well, we are all our own people. I'm glad that your husband is there for you, he sounds like a good man. I hope all is well and if you ever need someone to talk to, know I'm there!

I.

Good on yer john. I do love australia. It has a special place in my heart as it was my sanctuary and refuge after my rape. I went there for 3 years attended school for 1.5 years in adelaide and thr rest of my time was spent cooking around and through the continent. I miss it and I will always love it. Broome, great barrier reef, outback- the rock, tassie, perth, darwin, kunnanarra, flinders range and every place in between.

It saved my soul from withering. My rapes occurred in new york city. I can't think of one thing about new york that I like. I guess I got spoiled since I lived some years in paris prior to my go in New york.

Well, I have done a few post and am beginning to understand and navigate the sight. I have yet to tell my story. However, bits and pieces have been revealed. My rapist was a cunning predator who took advantage of a young vulnerable girl. Tortured as well, my body is still healing. Fortunately all the x-rays reveal strictly soft muscle and chronic postural muscle strain with heaps of inflammation- even 10 years after my last assault.

Still I am constantly getting stronger and better. I will heal my body physically, even if it takes another 10 years. As it is I have overcome about 65 percent or even more. The harshest pain is finally behind me. $

Anyway, I really hope now to begin to heal mentally. I know that I will never forget. I like the expression I read on this website- it was a time in my life, not my entire life.

See ya around john

Liesal

John

Good on yer john. I do love australia. It has a special place in my heart as it was my sanctuary and refuge after my rape. I went there for 3 years attended school for 1.5 years in adelaide and thr rest of my time was spent cooking around and through the continent. I miss it and I will always love it. Broome, great barrier reef, outback- the rock, tassie, perth, darwin, kunnanarra, flinders range and every place in between.

It saved my soul from withering. My rapes occurred in new york city. I can't think of one thing about new york that I like. I guess I got spoiled since I lived some years in paris prior to my go in New york.

Well, I have done a few post and am beginning to understand and navigate the sight. I have yet to tell my story. However, bits and pieces have been revealed. My rapist was a cunning predator who took advantage of a young vulnerable girl. Tortured as well, my body is still healing. Fortunately all the x-rays reveal strictly soft muscle and chronic postural muscle strain with heaps of inflammation- even 10 years after my last assault.

Still I am constantly getting stronger and better. I will heal my body physically, even if it takes another 10 years. As it is I have overcome about 65 percent or even more. The harshest pain is finally behind me. $

Anyway, I really hope now to begin to heal mentally. I know that I will never forget. I like the expression I read on this website- it was a time in my life, not my entire life.

See ya around john

Liesal