Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New, Scared, Confused.

hi. I've been looking around for a while for a place that made me feel safe enough to talk (at the encouragement of a RAINN counselor) I came across this a few weeks ago and finally bucked up the courage to join.

even though it happened six months ago, I still find I feel so scared and alone at times its like I'll explode. sometimes I catch my breath and remember, and I start having a panic attack.

I'm not entirely sure how much this is going to help, if it will at all. but the idea of speaking outloud about it scares the you know what out of me (I never told anyone) and at the same time I find I can't keep it in anymore, so this seemed like the next best thing.

thanks for reading

sending good thoughts your way

-Lost but not forsaken

Welcome to AS. I'm so sorry for what you went through, but I'm glad you found this site - it's wonderful and very supportive, helpful, and most importantly safe. :bighug:

As for your PS, I do know there's a way to chage it, but... I don't know what it is! I know a few people on here have changed their names though, so I'm sure someone can help ya out :)

Hey Jesirae123

Welcome to AfterSilence, I'm glad you have come here, AS is a safe place where you can come and without the need to identify yourself if you don't wish to, speak up about what happened to you and have it herd by people who have had similar experiences and who can relate to you and offer support for what you have been through.

I am glad that you have joined AS, and I look forward to getting to know you soon, I'll also PM you about your name :)

Take gentle care, :flowers:

John :)

Hi jesirae and welcome to AS

I'm sorry for what you went through but I hope we can help with starting to heal, and you find it easier to put into words on a screen what you can't say outloud.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything

take care of yourself

teazle

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi and Welcome

I hope you begin to feel at home here soon..

there will be people here to support you at every stage of your healing

:hug: