Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Over Coming The Biggest Betrayal

Hello everybody,

I'm 36 and i am a survivor of CSA and Child abuse from the age of 4 onwards.

It is starting to ruin my life and it is so hard to pick myself up and try and overcome it. And I have realized unfortunatly there are many people on this site going through the same thing. I hope I can make some friends and try and heal together.

Sending this with a kind heart. Justdawn.

Welcome Justdawn,

I've been dealing with my issues for awhile, tackling new ones now. SOmetimes it takes awhile before we really take on the big ones (I'm 39).

Ken

:hug: Hi JustDawn, I'm Paula, a 44 year old survivor of CSA and child r*pe. Have been dealing with my issues for a long time and have found AS to be a very safe place to start to heal.

Welcome, here for you any time,

Paula :flowers:

:hug: Hi JustDawn, I'm Paula, a 44 year old survivor of CSA and child r*pe. Have been dealing with my issues for a long time and have found AS to be a very safe place to start to heal.

Welcome, here for you any time,

Paula :flowers:

:flowers: Hi Paula,

It is nice to hear from you, I am sorry those things happened to you but it is nice to finally talk to some one that understand with out people looking down on you or thinking your just phyco. Hopefully we can help each other. My name is Amanda by the way.

Welcome to AS. It's a wonderful, safe, and supportive site. I'm sorry for what brought you here, but I'm glad that you'll be able to mix with all of us who can understand what you're going through. :bighug:

Edited by butterflyinreverse

Welcome Justdawn,

Yes there are many people on this site who can relate to what you are feeling, and healing togeather is what AS is all about, and I am glad that you have decided to join our supportive online community. :tealribbon:

I look forward to getting to know you soon, and I hope that I can help in your healing :flowers:

Take gentle care,

John :)

:hi: Justdawn :aswelcomesu:

My name is Chantal and I'm 42...a survivor of a violent rape that happened when I was 25...I too am dealing and tackling with alot of issues.

So sorry we have to meet in these painful circumstances!...but know that :notalone:

Look forward to seeing you on the board!...Take gentle care :hug::luck:

hi justdawn and welcome to AS!

Hello Justdawn and welcome to AS

I'm so sorry for what you went through but I hope we can be of some help in trying to heal from it.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything

take care of yourself

teazle

:hi: Thank you all for the welcome, I am still trying to get used to working this site but hopefully once i get the hang of it I will be able to get to know you all a bit better.

Sitting here alone wishing for peace,

so much anger for me to release.

so much frustration and confustion in my head,

my heart feels as heavey as lead,

so much sadness i can not seem to shake,

wishing so much it wlor]ould give me a break.[/co :cry:

Welcome JustDawn!

I'm a newbie here too and I have to say, these members are very caring and their words of wisdom are soothing to the soul. I am a survivor of childhood molestation. I was 11 when my brother in law violated me and I am now almost 39. Many painful years, but finally I made it here! Support groups are wonderful. I am also a member of AA and have learned that as scary as it may be, I must open the door and begin to trust again. It's so hard. So, I've chosen to be on my way to healing and I'm proud of that. Stay connected.

Welcome JustDawn!

I'm a newbie here too and I have to say, these members are very caring and their words of wisdom are soothing to the soul. I am a survivor of childhood molestation. I was 11 when my brother in law violated me and I am now almost 39. Many painful years, but finally I made it here! Support groups are wonderful. I am also a member of AA and have learned that as scary as it may be, I must open the door and begin to trust again. It's so hard. So, I've chosen to be on my way to healing and I'm proud of that. Stay connected.

Hi :flowers:

I to find it very hard to trust people. I have had 2 step father's in my life and both have violated me both sexually and physically but i also need to start the healing process not just for me but my husband and 4 children. I am sorry this thing has happened to you, i wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Hope to become friends Amanda. :bighug::throb: