Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello..

Izzy

Hi..

I'm Izzy. I'm here partly because of things that happened to me as a teenager onwards, and partly because of things i think i remember from childhood, but it's fuzzy. I feel.. really nervous at the thought of reaching out, but I know that i need to do this for myself. Hope i can be a help to others, as well as getting help for myself

:flowers:

Izzy

Welcome Izzy. I'm still pretty new but this seems like a pretty good place. There are people here who understand, and what surprises me is people actually seem to care.

The Unofficial Insomniac Welcome Wagon

AloneAndApart

"The longer the title, the more insignificant the person"

Hey Izzy, and welcome to AS :hug:

I am glad that you have come here so that you can reach out, and heal from the experiences that you had as a teenager, and please know it is fine to be nervous, I was nervous when I first came to AS, very nervous actually but over time I learned to open up, and AS has proved to be a very healing place for me :hug:

I am so glad that you have come here, and I look forward to seeing more of you on AS soon :tealribbon:

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :)

John :flowers:

Hi Izzy and welcome to AS!

I am sorrry for what you have been through that has brought you here and I understand the courage it takes to reach out. I hope you find some support here and know that you are not alone.

:flowers:

Skye.

:hi: hi Izzy :hi:

Welcome here to AS hon..Im glad you found us and that your here with us while at the same time Im sorry for the trauma you have been through...We are a great supportive caring bunch and this site is wonderful !! Glad you are here :)

big hugs

graice

Hi Izzy,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

It is ok to be nervous, Izzy, reaching out is not as easy as it sounds, and this is no fun subject to begin with. We have all been nervous at first, so pls don't feel bad about that. I am glad you have joined us, and have come to receive support for your healing from both childhood and teen experiences. I am so sorry you went through that, hun, it's not your fault.

This is a caring and supportive community, Izzy, and I am sure you'll find lots of understanding, respect and validation here. There's no judging here, hun, we all understand where you are coming from. So browse around and give yourself time to get to know us, I'm sure you'll settle in a lot faster than you might think. :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, ok??

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Edited by Saltywaters

Hi Izzy.....I'm glad that you found AS. I was also scared reaching out but I found out that there are people out there that know what I have been through. That you are not alone. I hope you find comfort and peace.

Candy

I just wanted to extend my :aswelcomesu: support, too! This is a great community, with a lot of supportive and amazing people. I hope that you're able to find support and feel at home here, and I look forward to seeing you around on the boards! :)

:hug:

Christina

Hi Izzy and welcome to AS

Its understandable to be nervous when first reaching out so just allow yourself to feel that and start joining in and talking more when you feel ready. Don't push yourself. I'm so sorry for what has happened to you, and I really hope we can provide the help and support that you need and deserve.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything

take care of yourself

teazle