Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Konichiwa Aka Hello

Hi, my name is CJ. Konichiwa is Japanese for Hello. I am self-learning Japanese but so far I have only memorized enough to really piss someone off :blink:

So, in case you haven't figured it out yet, I am a total clown. I like to joke around a lot but as I am sure you also know there are a lot of layers which I will talk about when I tell my story.

Basics though, 42, divorced, upper midwest. Single mom 1 daughter, survivor of childhood multiple (understatement) abuse.

There's more details about me in my profile...so....yeah...

:flowers:

konichiwa - to you too!! (you sure that is not a really rude word?? Just checking!!)

Welcome to AS

best wishes

karen

Konichiwa CJ,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

It's great to have you with us, and I am glad you have found us and joined this community. There's a lot of understanding, care, validation and support here, so please feel free to browse around and get to know us a bit. You are not alone, hun. :)

Both serious posts and fun times are shared here.... Laughter can be a good tool at times, and can really lift your spirit some, so being a clown isn't necessarily a bad thing. There's lots of fun here too, besides uncovering the layers that had you join here in the first place.

I am sorry for what you went through as a child, and I hope that sharing some of that pain here will at least end the loneliness, and give you the support you deserve.

Please feel free to ask questions when you have them, ok??

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

So, in case you haven't figured it out yet, I am a total clown. I like to joke around a lot but as I am sure you also know there are a lot of layers which I will talk about when I tell my story.

^^ I can see we are going to be friends already

:hug::hug: Welcome CJ :)

I am so glad that you come here for some healing, this is such a great community, and we are always good for a laugh too :P

However we will always take what happened to you seriously and will do our best to help you in your healing in anyway we can :bighug: I am look forward to getting to know you on the forum site, and in the chat room soon :)

Take gentle care of yourself :tealribbon:

John :flowers:

Hey CJ

Welcome here ta AS :) We are a very supportive bunch and Im glad you found us and are here with us now...Im sorry you were so horrifficly abused but glad you found us

big hugs

graice

Hi CJ,

I just read your profile, and I gotta say, it's the best profile I've ever read. But I have to admit, the reason I think so is heavily biased. We have a lot in common. I've felt the same way for much of my life, am also from the upper midwest (holla!), am an artist, and love to laugh/joke around. Oh, and I was also born in 1909-ish ;) I'm looking forward to getting to know you, and will hopefully see you around the boards and in chat when you're ready. Take care, and welcome to AS. :):hug:

Hey CJ,

Just wanted to welcome you to AS! I am sorry for the reasons you are here but at the same time I am glad that you have joined us here. Everyone here is so supportive and wonderful and I am sure you will feel at home in no time.

Hope to see you around the boards... :wave::aswelcomesu:

Hi and thank you very much for the kind welcome and hugs. Its weird how I feel so at home here already,its like God led me here because this is where I should be, where I need to be. There is so much I keep inside and I am just so Freaking sick of feeling alone and feeling IT down into my bone marrow.

Hi CJ. :aswelcomesu:

I'm glad that you have found your way here to AS. I hope that you are able to get all the support and encouragement you need. I'm glad to hear that you are a clown...sometimes things can get pretty dark around here as I'm sure you can imagine...so sometimes being with someone with a good sense of humor, can really lighten things up...at least for me. I hope to see you around the boards! Take care. :hug::luck::hug::luck:

Hi and thank you very much for the kind welcome and hugs. Its weird how I feel so at home here already,its like God led me here because this is where I should be, where I need to be. There is so much I keep inside and I am just so Freaking sick of feeling alone and feeling IT down into my bone marrow.

:notalone: We are here for you, hun.

:hug:

Jo