Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Therru

Hi everybody. I didn't expect to come to a sex abuse survivor message board, but I watched a video on youtube last week called 'secret cutting' and it really hit home with me. Even though I have never been a cutter. I guess it dredged things back up.

Short history: sex toy to a gang of boys when I was very little, before kindergarten I *think*, but when my family found out it became something they joked about, I guess they didn't take the situation seriously, though it was. I won't go into details right now. The rest of my life has been pretty... well, celibate. I've had one major 'real' relationship, which was nice for what it was, lasted 4 1/2 years, but we broke up, and years later he and I are just acquaintances now. I went to therapy about 9 years ago after a heartbreak at the hands (hands?) of a guy I thought was a good friend, I think he was after 'friends with benefits' and I'm not equipped emotionally to deal with that. Cognitive therapy helped immensely. But I'm still alone. Surviving but alone. Is that so bad? I do think so. I do. Though, when I look at the suffering of some people in this world, like starving people in Africa, I feel selfish and petty to feel like that.

So, here I am, hope to have some good discussion with y'all.

((((Therru)))))

Hi and welcome to AS :flowers:

Sorry for the reasons you are here but I am glad you found us. You will find this a very supportive caring community and as we are all in this together, we are all here for each other.

Take your time, get used to the board and I look forward to catching up with you when you are ready.

Love and hugs :hug:

Bewitched

welcome to AS :hug:

Hi Therru - Welcome to AS :hug:

Your not alone while you are here hun, we are all here with you to healing you in your healing journey - so please remember that you can always turn to us when you are feeling alone :hug:

I sorry for all you have been through and what you have experienced but I am glad that you have reached out to us, and please know we are here to help :hug:

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :hug:

John.

Therru is there no one in your family who wont joke about it and realize what effects its had on you ?

Im glad your here as I am new as well. My daughter is a survivor and it breaks my heart to see you girls whose mothers are not supportive so lean on the people here and they will help you through. You are never alone.

Therru is there no one in your family who wont joke about it and realize what effects its had on you ?

Im glad your here as I am new as well. My daughter is a survivor and it breaks my heart to see you girls whose mothers are not supportive so lean on the people here and they will help you through. You are never alone.

Ithink I should move my post to another part of the forum.

Edited by Therru

Hi Therru and welcome to AS.

I am sorry for what you have been through and I hope that by reaching out here that you find the support that you need.

We have all been down the road of thinking that it is selfish of us to seek out comfort for what we have been through, but we do deserve to heal. It takes a lot of courage to post what you have so far and I hope that after being here for a while you will find that its ok to ask for help and to recieve it.

:flowers:

Skye.