Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just A Quick Intro!

It's been almost 10 years but I'm still healing. I was raped, sexually abused, and sexually assaulted when I was 15-17 years old. In the "aftermath" I dealt with eating disorder, self-injury and anxiety issues. I'm 26 now...I thought it would be "all better" by now, but unfortunately it's not!

I'm married and have two beautiful children, a 7 year old girl and 3 year old boy. I'm a stay-at-home Mom. I love my life and my family, but as happy as I am I still don't feel whole. I'm still trying to put back together all my broken pieces.

I'm here because I'm hoping to find other people who understand what I've been through and how I feel. I just finally worked up the courage to tell my husband everything a few weeks ago (he'd only known bits and pieces before). That was a huge step for me. Coming to this message board is another huge step!!

welcome to AS!!!! congrats on taking this step and becoming a member here at AS!!! there are so many wonderful people on here and i'm sure you will feel at home soon. you are not alone, we are all healing together. Welcome aboard!!!! talk to you soon. :hug:

Jill

welcome to AS :hug:

Hi and welcome to AS :flowers::flowers:

you did the right thing coming here hon - supportive caring and understanding people are just what you need right now. I hope we can help you on your road to recovery. Feel free to pm me anytime and take little steps. Look forward to your postings.

Love and hugs :hug:

Bewitched

Hey there, & Welcome to AfterSilence,

It is a big step hun, and I think you are very strong for taking that step, it shows the courage and the determination you have to heal, and I admire those qualities from you. I am very sorry for what happen to you when you where a teenager, but I am glad that you have reached out to AS, and I hope that we can help in your healing :hug:

I look forward to getting to know you on the message board and chat room, and I hope I can help in you healing :flowers:

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :hug:

John

:hi: and welcome to AS, well done for taken those two big steps.. you are on the right road to healing so well done again, im proud of you, i really hope you find all the support and help you so deserve here...its a scarey road but you will get there, everyone here is so nice,hope to see you around..

Angel x