Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

ELECSPED

As I'm sure everyone can tell from me posting here, I'm new to the site. It's been just a little over five years (just before my sixteenth birthday) and I am finding that the healing process is still a very big part of my life. A lot of things have changed in those five years ... and though I hate to think that anyone else has been raped - I am glad that I don't have to stand alone.

I took the hardest step for me to date just a few months back when I finally sat down with my mother and told her what had happened to me. For years I spent my time blaming myself – and even more so when I found that my friend had been through the same after me. I know now that it’s not my fault but his, and I refuse to blame myself anymore. I’ve been to court with friends who decided to prosecute, taken and taught self defense classes, and I’m hoping that being able to speak with others I can help someone else (and being helped in continuing down this road myself).

welcome to AS sweetie :hug:

:hug: welcome to AS!! i'm so glad that you found us. this is an awesome place. you dont have to go through this alone. we are all on this healing journey together taking it one day at a time. welcome aboard!!!!! :hug: pm me if you need anything

Jill

Hi and Welcome to AS :flowers:

Its wonderful you are doing so well in your healing, and yes, it does help to heal others doesn't it. Hope you find what you are looking for here and look forward to your postings.

Love and hugs :hug:

Bewitched

Welcome to AfterSilence,

I am very sorry for what you have been through but I am glad that you have reach out to AS for support, and I hope that we can help in your healing. I look forward to seeing you on the site soon, and I hope that I can help in your healing, please feel free to PM me anytime :hug:

It sounds like you already have the "AS gene" within you - your determined to heal, your a fighter, your caring and kind, and you care for your friend - I am very glad that you have joined our AS community :hug:

Please remember we are here for you, and that we are here to help, :flowers: please take gentle care of yourself,

John