Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi.

JoLei

Hi, I'm JoLei and I'm new here. I found this site a few days ago after looking for survivor resources. I was raped about 18 years ago and recently started remembering sexual abuse from a family friend before that. I thought I was crazy, until my sister and mother confirmed things for me. I'm pretty much still in shock because every day, I'm remembering more and it's connecting so many dots in my life. I just wanted to connect with other people who have gone through similiar things. Thanks.

Hi JoLei,

Welcome!! :)

I'm sorry you are going through a rough time right now. I hope you'll feel at home here soon, this is a very nice and supporting community! I am glad you found us. You're not alone, and we do understand. Hang in there, browse around, and post away! :)

:hug: = if ok?

Jo

Hi and welcome to AS

This is certainly the place to connect with people, and I hope you can find the support and help that you need to help you get through this. I am so sorry you were hurt like you were and you are dealing with this. I hope you settle in here soon and we can be of some help.

Please feel free to PM me if you want/need anything :)

take care of yourself

teazle

JoLei, Welcome to AfterSilence,

I am sorry that your having such a hard time, and that you have been silent all these years, but I am glad that you are now reaching out, and we are here to glad you hand as you reach out for help, and hold your hand as you heal.

We are here to support you, and I hope I can help you in your healing journey.

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :flowers:

John

Hello! Welcome! I am sorry that you are having a hard time. I can relate to having things come up that you forgot about. I hope that we can talk more soon!

Kerry

welcome! i'm so glad that you found us. this is a great place!! i am so sorry for what you went through, we are here for you, you don't have to go through this alone. i look forward to talking to you soon. take care. :hug:

Jill

welcome to AS :hug:

Hi, I'm JoLei and I'm new here. I found this site a few days ago after looking for survivor resources. I was raped about 18 years ago and recently started remembering sexual abuse from a family friend before that. I thought I was crazy, until my sister and mother confirmed things for me. I'm pretty much still in shock because every day, I'm remembering more and it's connecting so many dots in my life. I just wanted to connect with other people who have gone through similiar things. Thanks.

Welcome there Jolei,

Sorry for the reason you are here in first place.

Maybe you can find some support and healing and get grip on your life back again.

How great your mom and sis are supporting you.

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care

:hug: :hug:

Sad