Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

My Introduction

Hello Everyone!

This is actually the first time I have posted to any forums so if I mess up please bear with me.

I am a survivor of not only sexual assult, rape and domestic violence as an adult but also as a victim of childhood molestation. I decided about 11 months ago to get away from my abuser/rapist after three years. Before that I was married twice to abusers. Plus, my cousin who molested me and my sister for 10 years.

I am sick of being a victim. Sometimes, though, I will say that I still get into the 'victims mentality' and feel hopeless, scared, trapped, lost, confused etc and suffer from PTSD and see a therapist weekly. I do not want my children to be subject to abuse or become abusers so I have decided to be a parent alone....although thier dad's do have visitation with them.

I am here to find help and get better. I feel the past year has been productive one. I am so glad to be out and free. Thank you for letting me be on the forums.

Kari

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry to hear about the circumstances that brought you to us, but I'm glad you are here to share in the healing and support.

Take care.

Narell

welcome to AS... I hope you find the support and healing you seek here. You were brave getting away and have the right thought on keeping your children safe.

hugs and hope all is well.

sara

Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone. I agree my kids are #1!

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry to hear about the circumstances that brought you to us, but I'm glad you are here to share in the healing and support.

Take care.

Narell

I am sorry that I went threw all that crap too....but I do believe it is all for a reason. Maybe someday it will become clear. I am glad to finally find a place where I can talk openly (at least I hope so) because some times I just don't know where to start in opening up. My therapist says I need to open up about my sexual abuse but dont know where to begin and really don't know what to say....things seem so jumbled at times. Anger, bitternes,sad, depressed, etc...all at the same time...wierd huh?

:flowers:

Hello and welcome. you do sound like a supermom keeping your kids safe. It's such a wonderful thing to know and so important.

Don't feel like you get caught in the victim mentality. We all go there, and when we do this board is a wonderful place to turn to. You're taking all the right steps, we never forget, but we learn to deal with the triggers and that's a bonus. :)

Feel free to pm me any time you like. I'm here for you as are all the others. :hug:

Take care and love

Bewitched :hug:

PS I love hugs, hope you do to.

squishy welcome hugs :bighug:

Hi, Kari - welcome to After Silence! I hope you are able to seek comfort here - this is a fantastic place to be - and the people are wonderful.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Cap

Welcome to AS!!

:youcanheal::aswelcomesu::notalone:

Im so sorry for all you have been through. And hope we can be of support to you

during your road to healing and recovery. Here you are among people who

so so understand, validate you, respect you and care for you.

Im so glad you have found After Silence.

Take gentle care

Nax :flowers:

Hi Kari,

Welcome to AfterSilence, I am sorry for what has brought you here, but I am glad that you have come here, AS is a very healing place to be apart of, and I hope that you are settling in well. I have found the people here at AS very support and they are just wonderful people, and I am sure we have enough :throb: here for you too. Remember we are here to help, just post as you feel comfortable :hug:

Please take care, and feel free to PM me anytime if you ever want someone to chat to :bighug:

John

Hello Kari,

Welcome here.

I hope you get the support you need to take power over your life again.

How couragious to get out of the abusive relationships you have been in.

I'm glad that you've found AS. I hope you find the support you're looking for here, and that you can muster up the strength you need to continue moving forward and healing.

Christina