Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey

Hey.

i'm a 16 year old from England. I have struggled with my past all my life and I still am. Although I recently moved away from the house that it all happened it I still struggle. I find it hard to let guys get close to me and I am scared 24/7 that something will happen again.

I was suggested to join by a friend of mine who is also a survivor, and I'm just looking for help really of how I can move on from this.

Welcome! I am a new member myself. I have found that rambling on about my situation and seeing my thoughts in black and white on a computer screen has been one of the most theraputic things Ive ever done. When you stated that you recently moved away from the house where it all happened but you still felt scared an old familiar feeling came over me. I too felt that if I could just get away from all that was familiar that I would get rid of my past as well. Sadly that is not so, I realized that I had a serious problem when I left my home town for a few weeks of rest and relaxation in the mountains of new mexico at a resort but found myself spending all of my time in the hotel bathroom scrubbing my skin until it was raw and having continuous flashbacks of the rapes. The problem will follow you, you can't run away from it but YOU CAN deal with it. Time helps, of course but the best thing I ever did was seek professional help. I have also found that by sharing my story with others and helping them that I am also helping myself. Keep in touch with me, Im only an email away. We are all here for you!

Hey,

I am 17 year old from Australia, so we are both almost same age, I understand the fears you have, and I am sorry for everything that happened in your post, but please know you can heal, and that your not broken.

Im glad you have come here for help, it is a wounderful place, which I love being appart of, the people here really do understand, and it is such a safe place to come, and share and gain support,

Welcome to AS, and I hope to see you in site, and chat soon, :flowers:

John

Welcome to AS.