Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Can't Believe I Am Doing This...

Jexxy

I am 35 years old and for the first time in my life I have told my Mother that I was sexually abused. I don't think she believes me. I am in a really bad state - depressed- and I feel totally isolated. I am really hoping that I can get some help. I am really intimidated by this chat thing... I have never done it before. I don't even know what to write here. Well...if no one ever reads this post I guess it doesn't matter. I am just writing to empty space. Hello? Anyone out there?

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS

You are not alone and there are lots of us out here!!

Just to let you know you will need to post 25 times before you can access chat - but whn you do and if you decide to use the AS chat room you will find lots of very welcoming and friendly people there

best wishes

karen

Hi and welcome to AS.

Im sorry you feel isolated at the moment - the wonderful thing about AS is that there are people here who care and understand. It is by far the least intimidating place filled with the least intimidating and non-judgmental people that I have ever known.

I hope you will feel very welcome here and find as much support as i have.

Take care,

:flowers:

Skye.

hi jexxy,

i am new here too. this is only my second post. i want to share that the important thing is that you shared. i was rejected by most of my family of origin when i shared about my father and the incest, but i had to realize i told the secret for my sake.

please know that you are not alone. you will make it through this hard time. keep posting here my new friend.

beej

i felt like you did at first, jexxy, it may feel intimidating but you are so welcome here! the people here are so supportive... you could say anything and even if no one knows what you're talking about (which is so unlikely, there's almost always someone who can offer advice), people will just offer their support and open their hearts. try just reading some of the posts and responses until you feel comfortable enough to try your own. or, just go for it, and tell someone how you feel. i know someone will be there to help you out! together, we're all so much stronger. welcome! you'll like it here!

:aswelcomesu:

Hey there,

Yes there are many of us out there, when I joined AS, it was the first time I did anything like this too, and I was so scared and worried also, but over time I became to relise what lovely people there really are here at AS, and they have helped me alot, I am glad that you have come to AS, and I really hope you are able to gain some healing from being here,

Im sure you will settle in fine hun, just give yourself some time to get used to it, :hug:

We are here for you :hug: Welcome to AS :bighug:

Take Care, and feel free to PM me anytime, here are some flowers for you too :flowers: hope they make you feel abit better.

John.

Its gonna be allright Jexxy, this is only my second post as well but it feels me with such hope to know that at least I have some access to others out there that have been through the same thing I have. Knowing that alone has helped tremenously. No one can hurt you here, its a safe place with only people who was to help.

:hug::hug:

Hey Welcome hun.

As you've heard this truely is an AMAZING place. It's much more than just a site to me. There have been many times when i've been completely unsure about myself/emotions/thoughts etc. where i have felt that i wasn't feeling the way that i should be, or was even scared of my own thoughts and emotions and i have come here only to realise that it's a completely normal response for what we have been through.

I'll tell you that my mum doesnt know about what happened to me, and although i'm only 16, i've found help in the most unlikely places.

Take care. You really are welcomed here (Haha and trust me i know that AS can be daunting at first, but it's well worth sticking with it because you an make some amazing friends here)

Lol sorry about the ramble. i just hope you stay.

Cheers.

Lisa

xx

Edited by Lis

Welcome to AS .. :hug::aswelcomesu:

Blimey there are loads of us! Some people were abused as children, some were raped as adults but the common factor amongst all people here is that everyone is lovely and supportive. I don't think I've ever seen a post go unanswered. People will always listen and help. I've even got really angry here before and people didn't judge me for it, they just helped me through the tough patches.

You're among friends. We believe you.

:notalone: