Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Loulou

Hi all, yes you got another new member. :unsure:

About me, I am 29 years old and have made it through a lot of abusive situations. As an adult, I have become vigilant to abuse around me and in the efforts of helping those children and young parent stuck in cycles of abuse. This last year I have discovered that I have never yet healed my own wounds. Who would have thought just surviving it once would not do. In this last year I think there are many things that brought me back to my own past. I got sober six years ago and at that time decided to have very little contact with my family but this last year I have been brought back into their lives when my grandmother passed away. We also had a family wedding that meant once again being with the whole family, I thought of skipping it but since it was my twin sister and I was the maid of honor I realized it might cause more problems than it was worse. Thankfully one of the abusers was in jail but my main abuser was there and of course as the family got drunk they all started pushing for a reconnection between us, “lets get a picture of you guys,” “hey why don’t you dance with…” I ended up leaving the wedding but since that night I have felt all the betrayal once again. Then to set me really into a head spin of memories, my roommate returned to her drug habit and started abusing and neglecting her daughter. Which I did not let last but did try to help without much success before for I had to get her committed and alert CPS. In the mix of all of this I began therapy to figure out what was the right way to handle things for the child involved, how much I could be a friend to the mom and at the same time protect her daughter? What I discovered was many of my emotions, thoughts and fear were coming from a past that I still have not ever talked about besides saying yes I was, no I don’t want to talk about it. Since I am not doing so well at turning my memories off or ignoring the past, I am about to try to start dealing with this in therapy. Last night freaking out a bit I decided to see what support I might find on the net.

Thanks for being here and I hope I may also find a way to help all of you too :flowers:

Hi all, yes you got another new member. :unsure:

About me, I am 29 years old and have made it through a lot of abusive situations. As an adult, I have become vigilant to abuse around me and in the efforts of helping those children and young parent stuck in cycles of abuse. This last year I have discovered that I have never yet healed my own wounds. Who would have thought just surviving it once would not do. In this last year I think there are many things that brought me back to my own past. I got sober six years ago and at that time decided to have very little contact with my family but this last year I have been brought back into their lives when my grandmother passed away. We also had a family wedding that meant once again being with the whole family, I thought of skipping it but since it was my twin sister and I was the maid of honor I realized it might cause more problems than it was worse. Thankfully one of the abusers was in jail but my main abuser was there and of course as the family got drunk they all started pushing for a reconnection between us, “lets get a picture of you guys,” “hey why don’t you dance with…” I ended up leaving the wedding but since that night I have felt all the betrayal once again. Then to set me really into a head spin of memories, my roommate returned to her drug habit and started abusing and neglecting her daughter. Which I did not let last but did try to help without much success before for I had to get her committed and alert CPS. In the mix of all of this I began therapy to figure out what was the right way to handle things for the child involved, how much I could be a friend to the mom and at the same time protect her daughter? What I discovered was many of my emotions, thoughts and fear were coming from a past that I still have not ever talked about besides saying yes I was, no I don’t want to talk about it. Since I am not doing so well at turning my memories off or ignoring the past, I am about to try to start dealing with this in therapy. Last night freaking out a bit I decided to see what support I might find on the net.

Thanks for being here and I hope I may also find a way to help all of you too :flowers:

Hey what's up Loulou... I know that this may sound stupid coming out of someone who's till in high school but you won't forget what happened... you can easily get over it but you'll never forget it... and well yea... you found a good place to be and honestly, it's good you found this place... I'm sorry about the whole thing with the wedding but if they wanted you guys together again that must mean they didn't know about the abuse... but whatever, this is an introduction and I'm happy you could come... hope you enjoy ^.^

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I Hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I think a lot of us can relate to memories and feelings surfacing long after the abuse. I am glad you have decided to reach out and get some help. We are all here for you. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Hi LouLou,

Welcome to AS, I hope you find some of the healing you want in your life here, it is a great site, and I strongly suggest you use it with your therapy, it really helps. The people on this site are amazing, and it looks like we have another amazing person on this site, So WELCOME...

Take Care, :)

-biggestfoot-

• 2 weeks later...