Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

My Story

Artie

Okay her it goes.I am 37 years old married with 5 beutiful kids.I love my wife dearly but she can not understand me.When I was 9 years old I was molested by another student in school who was much older than me.He molested me every day for a whole school year.It did not make a difference where we were.He molested me on the school bus and forcabley took me to a secluded bathroom where he molested me.My parents had a hard time dealing with this so I was basically on my own.This person was never caught and leads a good life today.About 3 years ago I could not take it anymore.I broke my silence and told my wife.I got into therapy and my doctor put me on zoloft.The meds help and the therapy is great but I am missing one important piece.My wife.This has torn us apart.I began to drink heavily to numb the pain wich in return made it much worse for me.My wife and I are not intimate because I have flashbacks of what happened to me.So in return she thinks I am cheating on her.I just need my wife to support me and help me out.I admit the drinking was bad I joined aa and I have been sober for 3 months.I live a life of mental anguish.Thanks for letting me share my story.

Zoloft really works doesn't it? Clinical depression right here man. But to be honest you have to have your wife understand that man or woman, molestation is molestation. People think that men can't get abused, or raped or whatever and that they're emotional bricks. Sit her down one day and tell her that it isn't your fault that you're afraid of what happened. Ask her how she'd feel if she went through what you went and if she'd want to be intimate with ANYBODY. Trust me when I say this, she'll understand you. If she doesn't then I recommend Marital Counseling because she needs to understand where you stand... I wish luck for you man.

Hey,,

Im sorry your having such a hard time and I hope very much everything works out with you and your wife... Welcome to AS... You are very welcome here...

-biggestfoot-

• 3 weeks later...