Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New To All This.

emmals

Hi, i am new to the forums and thought it may help me cope better talking to people. i dont know where to start really, i suppose i should just come out and say what happened, Well I was abused from age 4yrs old till i was 15yrs old by my step-dad with the help of my mum. I was then raped by my brother when i was 14yrs, i have started to get counciling again because off the horrific flash backs i am getting and finding out my mum was involved and coming to terms why she never helped me. I feel very ashamed of every thing and this is the first time i have told other people about it except for my husband and Therapist, i hope i havent offended any one by coming on here, i really am sorry if i have.

I highly doubt you will offend anyone here. This is a wonderful place to get comfort and support. I'm sorry you had to go through everything. I think it's especially harder when you know a parent knew what was going on and did nothing. I know that firsthand. Glad you're here. :)

Wanted to say Welcome ~ You have not offended anyone! You are here and you are so welcome to share your thoughts on things, adn your story if you wish.

I have found a group of people that understand and can cry with me and stand up and be strong with me, and when I have a bad day can help to lift me up!

Welcome :tealribbon:

Thankyou ladyscorpiana and courage.hope, i feel i need to talk about what happened to try and understand it all, i know now i must try and come to terms with it, but its going to be a slow process.

Edited by emmals

You are very welcome. It really does feel better to talk about it..I think anyway. It will take some time, but you will work through it.

You are not alone and there are many of us with the same feelings you have. I feel the more I let it out and tell people, the more I feel like a weight is lifting off my shoulders. Anytime you need to talk, I am here. :hug::notalone:

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find everything you are looking for here. This is such a wonderful place for support! I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care

:hug::hug:

Sad

Thankyou for the warm welcome, it means so much to me.

Guest crazybeautiful

Hello and welcome!

You havent offended anyone, hun. Please keep posting. i am glad you found your way here, this is a very safe place for you filled with so much support and love.

Take care of yourself.

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

You haven't offended anyone, you are too British :wink:

This is exactly why this community exists, to get it out and talk about what you have been through, how it affects you and healing from it all. You aren't alone...

Nicole :throb:

• 1 month later...