Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Imstrong

Hello,I suffered abuse from my parents.It was mostly verbal abuse with some physical.They were strict and wanted me to be what I did not see myself.I grew up male knowing I liked feminine clothing,been living and dressing as female since I was 16.Other family members,called me a liar and completelty disowned me.Said they would not do that to me.It happened went through a few homes.I was adopted by wonderful loving parents at age 15.They knew I deserved better and did get help for me diagnosed as bigender at age 16.It has been great ever since to this day knowing I live a much happier life as my true self as bigender living and dressing as female with a supportive wife

Hi Imstrong and welcome.

I am very sorry for all you've been thru and the struggles you have faced. You have found a supportive site with many understanding and kind members. We also accept you as you here. It must have been difficult to have support...at least until you were adopted by a wonderful couple you could call your parents. Many times, abusive homes have no support element for those who have been hurt by one or more of that family. You prove that real parents aren't always birth parents. I'm happy you have that.

Feel free to look around the community and interact where you feel the most comfortable. We are here for you. 

Wishing you the best on this path we call healing. 

Mary

:supportu:

Welcome to AS, @Imstrong! I'm glad you found your way here. I'm so sorry for what you've been through...it's incredibly difficult when people in your life abuse you that should be caring for you and protecting you. So sorry. But it's wonderful that you're finding your way in life, especially with your gender. Take your time exploring the site. I wish you all the best on your healing journey. ❤️ 

-Finchy

Welcome to AS .   It was unfair the abuse that you suffered, but I am glad that you found this site to aide in your healing.  It is a wonderful community full of welcoming and supportive people. 

My wife has been a big help too.Known her since we were 8 years old and she loves me for who I am.Knows I am like any normal husband.We were in a year into dating when I came out as bigender and she accepted it.