Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

reclaiming my joy

joy 0203

Hi, 

I'm joy. I'm trying to get my happiness, positive spirit, and joy back

It's been a month since what happened to me occurred and everyday is pretty tough but I'm trying to heal (and get justice through the legal system but that's also full of challenges). Something like this happened to me before and I stayed silent about it for almost three years. I'm not staying silent this time and I'm reaching out for as much help as possible, and one of the resources I found is this place. 

hoping to find a community here that understands a bit of what I'm going through

- joy ☀️

Hi Joy, 

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am sorry for what brought you here but am glad you found us. Each of those traumatic instances were not deserved and I am sorry you've gone thru them. You have found a supportive community with many understanding members. Healing does have its challenges, but I found them easier when you have others to walk that path with you. 

Being thru this twice and seeing the difference of reporting and not reporting, I will say that you are very brave. You know how easy and how often survivors do not report, and you are seeing the difficulties that the justice system has. I do respect your decision in going this route. Every instance of justice that can be had is more justice out in the world for all survivors. I do hope a conviction of your perp comes soon.

Feel free to look around, jump in where you are comfortable and know that you are accepted here, and your stories are validated. I wish you many steps forward on this journey we call healing. 

Mary

:supportu:

Hello and welcome to AS, @joy 0203! I'm glad you found your way here. You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people in this community. It's wonderful that you're standing up for yourself and wanting to move forward to gain your joy and happiness back. That's very brave of you! Especially by using your voice to get legal justice. I wish you all the best there. ❤️ 

I'm so sorry for what happened to you. It was undeserved and not your fault. Again, I'm so glad that you're using your strength to claim back your life. It's not easy, but I hope that being here on AS will help you some. Do you have a therapist, too? If not, I highly suggest finding one. They will really help you a lot.

Take care, and take your time. :) 

-Finch

Dear joy

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Welcome @joy 0203 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  From what I hear the legal system is a real pain.  I really hope you get the justice you deserve.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.