Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Locking A Thread?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 afireinside

afireinside
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:39 PM

I just wanted to ask about locking threads. Under what circumstances and conditions can/is this done?

#2 -fuerza-

-fuerza-

it's been a wild ride, I wouldn't change a minute.

• 419 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(afireinside @ May 2 2007, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wanted to ask about locking threads. Under what circumstances and conditions can/is this done?

contacting a mod is the best way to do it. they'll review it (if they haven't seen it already) and determine if it needs to be closed. (i'm assuming that's what you mean by locking).

that's what i would do...

#3 Jessie

Jessie

I've done my sentence, but committed no crime

• Consultant
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:52 PM

Hi Afireinside,

We only make the decision to close a thread if we feel it is causing negativity or conflict here. Sometimes discussions with alot of different opinions become heated, and to avoid arguments or upset we would close a thread.

If it's one of your threads, and you'd like us to close it, you can contact anyone of the moderating team, and like fuerza said, we'll review it and make a decision then.

Hope this helps....smile.gif

#4 afireinside

afireinside
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(Jessie @ May 2 2007, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Afireinside,

We only make the decision to close a thread if we feel it is causing negativity or conflict here. Sometimes discussions with alot of different opinions become heated, and to avoid arguments or upset we would close a thread.

If it's one of your threads, and you'd like us to close it, you can contact anyone of the moderating team, and like fuerza said, we'll review it and make a decision then.

Hope this helps....smile.gif

Thank you both, it does.

#5 Kelly

Kelly

Sesame Street Rocks!

• Consultant
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:36 PM

After reviewing the thread, I did close it per request. Please feel free to pm me if you need further clarification. tealribbon.gif

#6 afireinside

afireinside
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:13 AM

Thank you Kelly hug.gif