Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here And A Little Nervous

Hello! Welcome! I like your handle. I saw this post on FB once that said "Anxiety, Depression [and list of others] doesn't make you weak, it just means you have been strong too long." I don't know where you come up with your name, but that post helped me a lot and still does. When I get panicky or get in those crying spells I feel like I'm weak, so I sometimes need something to remind me why I'm that way and to help me get through it. After Silence has helped find other tools that help me in a lot of different ways. I found people here who understand me and don't judge me. I feel like I'm less alone here. I hope you find that here as well. It's okay to be nervous. :)

Hey! I'm new here too, and like you, I'm pretty nervous. I think that's how it's supposed to be though, and it will pass in time. I think that coming here is a good step in the right direction for any survivor.

Best of luck to you, and you're more than welcome to message me if you would like someone to talk to. :)

hello strongfortoolong,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the Newbie Support team here. If you have any problems with the board, please let me know,

take care, Paula

Hi strongfortoolong

I'm new here as well and this is my first time to share any experiences. From what I've experienced this is a great supportive site. I'm scared and nervous as well so you're not alone. I hope you find healing. I can relate to your handle...

Hi strongfortoolong

I'm new here as well and this is my first time to share any experiences. From what I've experienced this is a great supportive site. I'm scared and nervous as well so you're not alone. I hope you find healing. I can relate to your handle...

• 3 months later...

Welcome!