Sign in to follow this  
Kirlhyn

Hello Here

Hello everybody,

I'm 22 years old and I've been raped 2 years ago but only realised it after 1 year of severe depression. I'm getting better now thanks to a great therapist and lovely boyfriend who is so respectful and helpful (he found this website for me) but of course it's still hard and I feel like I need to talk to people who can really understand me. Most of all I suffer from the fact that my mom knows what happened but can't really deal with it and does as if "everything was fine now". Clearly it's not that easy, right ? I think I just need to feel ok with the fact that there are still so many things that are so hard in my everyday life because of that. I need to feel like I'm not alone...

Hi, just wanted to say you are so not alone. I'm new here as well and already feel that this community of strong people has helped me. I'm so sorry for what happened, and I know you'll find support here. It's also wonderful that you have both a good therapist and understanding boyfriend, mine have been instrumental to me as well.

Hi K

The whole mentality of "everything is fine now" is SO wrong! Everything is NOT fine.You were violated and that type of violence has lasting effects. I hope you're working with a therapist on this. It's so important to get the help you need early on.

Stay strong and keep reaching out.

You're not alone.

Elle

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found