Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Conflicting Thoughts

Hey everyone, I am really having a hard time with my body image. I can not stand to look at myself in the mirror and absolutely hate anything that is form fitting or may show my body too much. I have been struggling with an eating disorder for over 10 years which began from past traumatic events and I just want to feel comfortable in my skin. All the thoughts I have about my body also make me feel selfish because I know there are people in this world struggling with far worst issues. Any one struggling with the same issues ?

Yes I have similar issues. When I get in the shower, I make sure I don't look see myself in the mirror before I get in. I close my eyes for a second bc the mirror is just next to the shower.

This was our main topic of conversation at T today. She gave me some homework to help me work on it. Last week's assignment was just to rub lotion on my body after the shower and say I love my body, thank you body. This assignment is waaaayyyyyy harder this week. It will probably take about an hour everyday to do, I haven't started yet. It is called 22 by 11. She gave me a statement and I have to write it 22 times a day and include my response to the statement each time everyday for 11 consecutive days.

I don't know if it works, I have started yet but I know how you feel. You can PM me if you want more detailed directions. I can also share with you my statement I have to write.

I hope we both can find I way through this. I think it' is something we change but takes effort.

Take care

Sorry you feel that way about your body.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Very nice to meet you.

Found

You're welcome.

i hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found