Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Im Actually Doing This

realhope

Hi Hope.

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you need to be here. It took 40 years for me to ask for help. I have only been on here for a couple of months and the people on here are amazing. Take your time, post when you're ready or just read.

Astro

Hi Hope.

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you need to be here. It took 40 years for me to ask for help. I have only been on here for a couple of months and the people on here are amazing. Take your time, post when you're ready or just read.

Astro

Thank you for getting back to me so soon! Been sitting here looking around and actually feels so good to know im not alone in this. I go back and forth between wanting to blurt out info then snap back to to complete fear of what i will sound like and feel.

I have been here for about 6 years all told (I'm on my second username). I've yet to post my story. I have put bits up, here and there, but not the whole thing. I actually don't think I ever will. I simply don't want to. Not everyone does. So there's no pressure.

Feel free to join in any topics you feel like joining in, start any you want to start and so on. No one's bothered about how secretive or open you want to be, we have members at every end of the spectrum.

:aswelcomesyou:

:aswelcomesu: <-- I put the code in wrong, there should have been one of these fellas at the end.

Your so kind. reassurance is a good thing. Thank you so very much. I need to get past that there may not be a right and a wrong way to healing.

I dont know if this is normal but i cant stop thinking about it? cant even get a hour break from the horror in my mind. Instead of dwelling on what I could have done before, after and during now im just re living it.

Hi there,

You're not alone on that. After so many years I've only managed to post a part of my story. It's hard.

I've been there where I couldn't stop thinking about it. It's hard. Sometimes I've started writing a post and finished it and then I would end up deleting it. So take your time, we'll be right here:)

Mandy

Hi there,

You're not alone on that. After so many years I've only managed to post a part of my story. It's hard.

I've been there where I couldn't stop thinking about it. It's hard. Sometimes I've started writing a post and finished it and then I would end up deleting it. So take your time, we'll be right here:)

Mandy

seems like i can only talk about the parts of my story that i can blame myself for