Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hello everyone. Like some of the other ones here I'm not sure where to start...I'm a 25 year old woman that's trying to heal...I have to say it's very hard...I hope that I can be here to support you guys no matter the situation you're in or have been in..

welcome to after-silence. :)

HI there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi Alexa,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here as you become part of our community. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

welcome to this site Alexa. good for you girl. it only gets better from here. i am over twice your age and have only found my voice recently. the abuse took place for many years until i was sixteen. i am only now moving on and trying to heal. waiting so long because of the control my stepfather had over me. i never found the courage when i was your age, and am so happy for you that you have. :hug::clap: i am new to this site as well. i am feeling a little lost in my life, but trying very hard to stay positive and move on. it is difficult to change oneself but you can change the bad to good. talk away, everybody here feels your pain and would be more than happy to chat. once you get started talking you won't be able to stop. at least that is how it is for me at this point in my life. I have children that are older than you Alexa, and they are not happy with me leaving my husband at the beginning of all this that has happened to our family in the last year. so it is hard Alexa! it is also so worth breaking free of all the pain. remember there is always good love to be found in this world, you only need to reach out. it is a great feeling to be free of all the lies and terrible secrets you have had to keep locked up inside. you can speak out for yourself and be proud of who you are. you have no shame or guilt. it is important to remember that. to everybody else out there i am happy to be here. :wave::bighug: i am looking forward to chatting with whoever wants to chat.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi Alexa,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here as you become part of our community. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

Hello Lynn

Thank you for taking time out to reply to my message. Thank you for offering your help. It means a lot