Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello - New To The Forum

Hello All,

I hope I am in the right place. I found the site on google and have nosed around a bit but I'm still unsure.

Is this a womens only support group/forum?

I'm a 30 y/o male. I was sexually abused repeatedly as a young child by an older family member.

Not sure if I belong here.....

Rain

Edited by DigitalRain

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS

Though there are more females members than male - we do several active men here too - and a forum dedicated to male survivors

best wishes

karen

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Thanks all,

I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

This has been something that has haunted me for pretty much my entire life. Only a few months ago did the dark secret come out. It's something I've been hiding inside and ashamed of. I got into a fight with my abuser on a unrelated topic and blurted out what he did all those years ago in front of him and a couple other family members.

Now my family pretty much knows what happened. My abusers response was to turn it around by talking behind my back about every fault I have or that he wants others to think I have. He was also giving me the silent treatment, would not sit at the dinner table if I was present or even look at me.

Luckily he has since moved out of the state (I think he did so as not to have to "deal with it").

Now I'm stuck having to deal with it and don't even know where to start...

Rain

Edited by DigitalRain

Hi Rain,

I am glad you found AS and you are welcome here, as others have said to there is a forum for men too but I have have seen posts from some male members here too. I am sorry to hear things are really difficult for you. I have found comfort and understanding here which has helped me greatly, I hope you will too. If you want to ask anything just PM, I am usually on pretty regularly.

Take good care of yourself, safe :hug: if ok

Hi Rain,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Guest LovesLoss

:aswelcomesu:

welcome to AS. I hope you find the help and healing your looking for here. Im sorry for what you have been through. I hope in time you can heal from this and become stronger.

Take care

Loves

Thanks all for the warm welcomes. It feels good to at least know that there are people I can talk to about this. It's hard to even talk about with close friends, I don't want to be a 'debbie downer'. I haven't had much time to look around but I will.

Rain

Edited by DigitalRain

welcome to as. :)