Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greetings

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I am a Survivor of Child Sexual Assault and stumbled onto this website and thought it would be a perfect opportunity to share my experiences, thoughts and weird sense of humour with everyone.

I am still healing and after years of counselling I've decided to take a "short break" from it as it was too draining for me. I thought it would be ideal to join a forum and feel comforting knowing that there are other people who have been through what I have been through and most importantly..can understand.

Cheers

Welcome to AS. :)

Hey Djinn, (akin to the geni in the bottle, right?) I just want to offer you a warm welcome to AS, and I look forward to experiencing your wierd sense of humor. Mine is a little unusual too. (I just love Ausis and your accent, and how you spell humor, and color, ect. It's so cool.)

Take care,

S

Many thanx's everyone for your kind words. I look forward to exchanging posts with you!

:flowers:

Hey Djinn, (akin to the geni in the bottle, right?) I just want to offer you a warm welcome to AS, and I look forward to experiencing your wierd sense of humor. Mine is a little unusual too. (I just love Ausis and your accent, and how you spell humor, and color, ect. It's so cool.)

Take care,

S

G'Day Cantasleepa :lol:

Yes...you are right - Djinn/Jinn/Genie.

Funny you should mention about how Australians spell, i was having a discussion with an Englishman I work with about how Americans "mispel" certains words like colour and humour! Then how dates are the other way around! Weird!!

Many thanx's for the warm welcome cantasleepa, i'm sure we will be discussing American and Australian grammar soon!

Hi Djinn13,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence. I am sorry for what you have gone through.

I hope that you find comfort and support here, and I definitely know that you will find others who understand you here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

:yahoo:Yahoo, :aswelcomesu: !

:hug: We love :wub: you and are glad you've found AfterSilence!

:notalone:
Hi Djinn13,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence. I am sorry for what you have gone through.

I hope that you find comfort and support here, and I definitely know that you will find others who understand you here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

:yahoo:Yahoo, :aswelcomesu: !

:hug: We love :wub: you and are glad you've found AfterSilence!

:notalone:

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for your reply and your kind words. I hope to interact with alot of members on this forum as it is comforting knowing that I am not alone.

So far I am okay navigating the forum...so far! But I will let you know if I need any help.

Cheers

Djinn13