Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Confused About My Signature

I have noticed that some people have links in their signatures (like I do) and then still have room for a quote or something. But every time I try and put anything else in (even something super short) it tells me that my signature is too long. Am I doing something wrong??? :shrug:

Thanks!

Hi Zahra,

If you click on "My Control" it should say "Edit Signature" on the left hand side. I'm not sure about the length, but I'll get someone to get back to you.

Hi Zahra

I think if you take off your link, and then update the signiture to the words you want, then come back in and do the link, it should work then. It worked for me anyway! if it doesn't let us know!

Cathy

I had that problem too Zahra and nothing i did made the slightest difference until i logged in using a different browser. I think Firefox worked in the end.

Good luck.

Ahhh! Now I can't get my link to work. I took it out, put in a quote I wanted, and tried putting it back in and I got the same message about being too long. So I took the quote back out and went to put the link back in and now I can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong? I thought I clicked "insert special item" and then "insert topic link" - is that not right? I also tried "insert post link" and that didn't work either. As you see if you click on the link in my siggy it says it can't find it. :hammer:

And I don;t know how to use anything other than IE. I not familiar with firefox. Oh well - I will be happy enough if I can just get it back to how it was.

Ahhh! Now I can't get my link to work. I took it out, put in a quote I wanted, and tried putting it back in and I got the same message about being too long. So I took the quote back out and went to put the link back in and now I can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong? I thought I clicked "insert special item" and then "insert topic link" - is that not right? I also tried "insert post link" and that didn't work either. As you see if you click on the link in my siggy it says it can't find it. :hammer:

And I don;t know how to use anything other than IE. I not familiar with firefox. Oh well - I will be happy enough if I can just get it back to how it was.

Zahra when I am in this situation (and that is more frequent than you could imagine) I PM John because he is a computer whizz kid. I think you need to leave all the link things alone and just use the edit signature. Firefox is just another browser like IE. You can download it by googling it and then pressing download. It is free and makes my AS work better but like I say you might mean a bit of greater expertsie.

XXX

Hey Zahra,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I got abit tied up yesterday and yeah as soon as I got home I was asleep before I knew it, sometimes that happens to me too, like I can just put in a super short signature and it'll still stop it from working, I think sometimes the best thing to do with that is to logout, shut down your browser, and then start again, that'll clear the temp files and the cache of your browser out which can help.

There is a limit on the character size of your signature, although I'm not sure what it'd be to be honest, I generally try to keep mine to afew mines, keeps it looking all neat and tidy, as for putting thinks in the signature, you have to put it in in BB code, for more information click here and it should work.

If you have any further issues please feel free to PM me

John