Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey, This Is My Story

Hey, I am Crystal and I am a victim of sexual, physical, and verbal abuse. I was five at the time but I did not remember any of it until I was 13 when I began having flashbacks. I don't know what triggered the flashbacks and I don't understand why I didn't remember any of it. I am now 17 and I still get depressed and sometimes I think about suicide but I always change my mind right before. I want so bad to consider myself a survivor, not a victim. My friends do not understand, I just need someone else's opinion. I welcome anybody's advice, please help. :(

Hi Crystal,

I believe your are a survivor, Im 16 (17 in about 2 weeks), so we are similar ages, my friends don't understand either, so I understand where you are coming from. CSA victims can experience parts of there lives that they block out there abuse, and then it comes back later. This is ok and normal.

We will do our best here to help you all we can here at SA.

Hope you find some the help you are looking for here. :hug:

Take care, and I look forward to talking to you soon.

-biggestfoot-

• 2 weeks later...