Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Old Habits Die Hard

Hello, I'm new here. I've been poking around the boards for several days now... Finally made a sincere post about some of my experience. I figured introducing myself in this forum couldn't do any harm, right? I came here looking for support... And since I've been digging further into the behaviors that brought me here in the first place instead... I figured it was time to reach out more directly.

I'm feeling pretty deflated right now, but I have high hopes for regaining control over my life when I read some of the posts people are making.

Hi Mallorie

:youcanheal::notalone: it is b..... hard work and such a roller coaster, I have to remind myself of that each time I feel bad, that it will pass,

not doing too good at the moment, struggling with acceptance of some parts but I know I have improved from when I first came on here, somethings

really haven't got better but I can look at them later when stronger, baby steps, finding acceptance is the key, you can't change the past. :hug:

hello reidmallorie,

welcome to After Silence, I'm Paula, one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any assistance, please let me know

take care, Paula

Hiya Reidmallorie,

I am glad you are feeling comfortable enough to talk now. It does help to look at the waters before wading in. Peeking and seeing what it is like, what to expect, to get some courage up, and to have a feel for it is a good idea sometimes. That you reached out more directly is good to see. My best to you getting control over behaviors that brought you here. Sometimes, with this, all the will power in the world is not enough when it is a world of pain pushing against you. That is when the pain needs easing. I hope you get all the support for the tears to come out in healing ways. That deflated feeling, yeah been there, maybe still there, yeah still there. That is the type of honesty that helps. Can't heal heart until ya show it. Time for yours to get to heal. Thanks for showing some of it. :)

Be good to you there

Rain

• 1 month later...