Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello (*t*)

Welcome to AS. :hug:

I'm sorry this has happened to you but I am glad you have found AS. :)

I actually am going to disagree with you and say that you had no responsibility in this at all. It doesn't matter that you were drinking. It doesn't matter that you should have known better. How could you have known that he was going to do that to you? No matter what you think you should have done or not done, you don't deserve what happened to you.

I'm glad that you have been able to talk about it. Being able to do that is a big step in healing. I'm sorry not all of your friends are willing to believe what happened to you, but keep speaking out. You will find healing. :hug:

~Kelly

Edited by Kelly
can't write properly at the moment

Thanks. Ill admit i think you're only about the 4th person to tell me it wasn't my fault. Most of them look at me and i can tell that they are thinking i brought it upon myself. It took me a couple of days to find out who the guy was. We had seen him out that night and i went to school with him when i was younger, hes just about 3 years older than me. He ended up at my house through a mutual friend. After it happened i almost covinced myself it was a dream. Other than this message board i have one truly great person who has been there for me. When i bring it up he doesn't shy away like most people. He wants to be there for me and talk to me about it. The night it happened he was actually the first person i called. he didn't answer but i saw him the next night and told him was happened and he was truly amazing. He came in to visit for new years. That night i started having flashbacks and he just held me all night and with him in tenn. its a blessing that i found this site and people like you who understand.

welcome to AS. i'm so glad that you are here. please know that the abuse was not your fault. it's great that you are talking about it. that's the first step in healing!! take care of yourself. i look forward to getting to know you. :hug::hug:

Hey there and Welcome to AfterSilence,

Sorry I was away when you joined, and I like to say hello to everyone at AS, so hello :P

I am looking forward to seeing you at AS, on the site and in chat soon :hug:

Please take care, and PM me if you have any concerns or just want someone to talk to :bighug: - I will always listen

John.

Edited by biggestfoot