New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

24/7 HELPLINE for Survivors

RAINN.org has two helplines for Survivors of sexual assault/abuse. One is a phone line which can be used by people in the US. The other is an online text/chat helpline available to anyone with internet access. 
These helplines are open 24/7 for safe, confidential conversations with trained understanding counselors. The RAINN.org website also has a lot of good information, as well as local resources for people around the world.

Click on the links below:

Help is available 
Speak with someone today 

National Sexual Assault Hotline
Hours: Available 24 hours 

Edited by feralcat
  • feralcat changed the title to 24/7 HELPLINE for Survivors

Great information @feralcat, I  went to try rainn but chickened out, I mean I'm not American so I didn't know whether I could use it or not.

I used to talk with Samaritans but idk... I used to worry if I told them too much.

Posted (edited)

@Free2Fly You can use the online text/chat line. It’s like Chatzy, where you type and then they respond… I’ve used it probably a dozen times and always felt better afterwards… Theres often a short wait, like 5 mins or so, so you have to be patient. But I think it’s worth it. 🌟

@forestmistheather I’ve found them to be really helpful… Especially if you’re feeling overwhelmed or having bad flashbacks, or it’s 2am and nobody else is around. I just thought it was a good resource for folks to know about… 🌻

Edited by feralcat
4 minutes ago, feralcat said:

@Free2Fly You can use the online text/chat line. It’s like Chatzy, where you type and then they respond… I’ve used it probably a dozen times and always felt better afterwards… Theres often a short wait, like 5 mins or so, so you have to be patient. But I think it’s worth it. 🌟

@forestmistheather I’ve found them to be really helpful… Especially if you’re feeling overwhelmed or having bad flashbacks, or it’s 2am and nobody else is around. I just thought it was a good resource for folks to know about… 🌻

Yeah I know of chatzy... Long story don't ask. But yeah I might check it out if I get the courage.

Yeah it's worth waiting if it helps I guess, either way thank you feral.

RAINN is a wonderful resource. I have used their online chat feature quite a few times. You may have to wait a little bit to connect with someone, but it is a good outlet for when you need support and want to talk with someone.