New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

hello everyone

hi everyone, i go by zhongli here. i am on here because i don't have anywhere else to go. when i was younger, on multiple occasions i was sexually abused. now i am 20 years old and lately it has become so hard to deal with because i live with my abuser. i don't want to tell anyone in my family because i am scared, and honestly i do not want to hurt my mom (she is not my abuser). i know this would break her heart into pieces, and she is my rock (although she annoys me sometimes haha) and i'd feel so shitty if i did that to her. i have told my closest friends and they are all really supportive. i really really do appreciate the love and support i get from my friends, and i am so happy that they have not experienced what i am going through, but i wanted to talk with people that have gone through it and know what i am feeling. do you ever sometimes just sit and think, 'this is really my life'? because i do a lot. i just can't seem to grasp that this happened to me, even after all this time. the stuff i read about and watch on tv (law & order for ex) isn't just on the screen anymore. it is my life, and the life of many others. that is all for now, but i hope to talk with some of you! you are loved and i am so so proud of all of you! much love ❤️

Welcome to After Silence, @zhongli! I'm glad you found your way here, though I'm terribly sorry for what you've experienced that brought you here. :( You did not deserve what happened to you. And you also don't deserve to have to deal with your abuser daily. I, too, still live with my abuser (a family member), so I can relate. It's very difficult.

I'm glad that you have supportive friends. It's so hard to open up and talk about what you've been through, so I commend you for doing that with them. And for doing that with us. ❤️ You're not alone. You'll find lots of kind and supportive people here. Sending you strength and support! Best wishes, and take your time exploring the forum.

-Finch

2 hours ago, mini.finch said:

Welcome to After Silence, @zhongli! I'm glad you found your way here, though I'm terribly sorry for what you've experienced that brought you here. :( You did not deserve what happened to you. And you also don't deserve to have to deal with your abuser daily. I, too, still live with my abuser (a family member), so I can relate. It's very difficult.

I'm glad that you have supportive friends. It's so hard to open up and talk about what you've been through, so I commend you for doing that with them. And for doing that with us. ❤️ You're not alone. You'll find lots of kind and supportive people here. Sending you strength and support! Best wishes, and take your time exploring the forum.

-Finch

thank you so much finch. i appreciate you for responding, and i am very sorry that you have to deal with that. i am sending you so much love ❤️ 

Welcome @zhongli to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi there, zhongli,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you experienced when you were younger. This was unfair and undeserved. I am glad that the abuse has stopped, but understand it is likely difficult to live in the same household as your abuser. I'm glad you have a good relationship with your mother, tho you are hesitant to tell her. I'm sure she would be supportive, but it is your choice. I never told either. I am also glad you have a support system of friends, and now you are here and you will make some online friends, who understand and support you. I am glad that you have found us. 

Feel free to look over the site and interact and post where you are comfortable. This community is filled with many wonderful members who will relate in one way or another. It is a big step to reach out to others and I wish you many more forward steps as you move down this healing path we all are walking on.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Dear zhongili

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

On 6/11/2021 at 11:39 AM, 8888 said:

Welcome @zhongli to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

thank you so much. i really appreciate your kind words ❤️