Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I’m new

Hi. I’m not sure i should say my name so I can just go by satin. I’m a csa survivor and I just needed a place to not feel alone. It’s so hard keeping all of this to myself and not being able to talk about it to the people in my life. 

I found out I have DID several years ago because of the trauma so thats a whole nother thing. But I’m just trying to get through it and live life :) 

im also an artist and musician and I love animals and nature. So yeah,, I hope everyone else is feeling alright today ❤️

Hi Satin,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what happened to you as a child. It was wrong and unfair. You will find support here, as our members are very understanding and kind. You are not alone.

I do find that many survivors have a creative streak within them and I'm sure it can be therapeutic, both the art and the music. Feel free to check out our Healing Through Creativity forum, if you feel it is something you would like to share. 

I am glad you decided to reach out and join our community. I wish you well as you continue down this path we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

2 hours ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi Satin,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what happened to you as a child. It was wrong and unfair. You will find support here, as our members are very understanding and kind. You are not alone.

I do find that many survivors have a creative streak within them and I'm sure it can be therapeutic, both the art and the music. Feel free to check out our Healing Through Creativity forum, if you feel it is something you would like to share. 

I am glad you decided to reach out and join our community. I wish you well as you continue down this path we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Thank you, I really appreciate it :) 

@satinmoth Hello Satin and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am sincerely and deeply sorry about your trauma. The pain and struggle takes a toll, but you are certainly not alone. After Silence carries kind members who form a warm support system. I understand that it's hard to keep it all for yourself, but you are not supposed to either. Finding your voice patterns a way towards healing, i the pace that suits you the best. 

Please know that you carry no guilt in this, and that we believe you 110%. We have survivors with DID here as well, and we generally talk a lot about mental health here. 

You sound like a very creative and enthusiastic person. We have a "Healing through creativity" forum here. I fancy music and making jewelry myself  :aswelcomesu:

Now, take good care. Reach out if there would be anything you'd need. 

- W ☀️

Hi Satin!

I'm so happy to make your acquaintance. I hope you find here a good place to rest and find people who unconditionally love us. 

I can't promise to be available always, but you can message me and always notify me if I say anything that you would rather not!  Welcome!

Eli

Hello satin

Welcome to  AS.   I am sorry to hear that you've had to find us, but  glad you did.  I am sad to hear that someone you care about has experienced trauma.  It is always wonderful to see someone willing and wanting to help their family member or friend through this   difficult time.   Just being there for them and letting  them talk without fear of judgement is the absolute best gift you can give them.  Please know and understand that we are also here to support you.  I hope that being here will help you to be able to support your loved one as best as you possibly can.  Please lean on us for support if you need.  

Wishing you all the best!!!

missfrier

Welcome @satinmoth to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  I too am a CSA survivor.  I hope being here will help you as much as it has helped me.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome to AS @satinmoth! I'm glad you found your way here, though I'm very sorry about what you've gone through. You're not alone. We're here to support you through your healing. I see you like video games. Me, too! 😄 What games do you like? 

Take care, and well wishes.

10 hours ago, mini.finch said:

Welcome to AS @satinmoth! I'm glad you found your way here, though I'm very sorry about what you've gone through. You're not alone. We're here to support you through your healing. I see you like video games. Me, too! 😄 What games do you like? 

Take care, and well wishes.

Hi! I’m sorry you had to go through that too. I hope i can also be here to support you. 

I Like tons of games :) my favorites are the Legend of Zelda series, Bioshock, and Shadow of the Colossus. What about you?

1 hour ago, satinmoth said:

I Like tons of games :) my favorites are the Legend of Zelda series, Bioshock, and Shadow of the Colossus. What about you?

Hehe, I'm the same...I like a ton of games, so it's hard to list. I love the Yakuza series (including Judgment, which I just finished), Atelier series (ex. Atelier Meruru, Atelier Sophie), and of course the Zelda game are great and Final Fantasy. I recently finished The Outer Worlds, which was a quirky and cool game. Really loved it. Ghost of Tsushima is also a recent fave. See, the list could go on and on. :lol: Nice to know another gamer around here!

Hi, @satinmoth and welcome to After Silence!!  I am late to the party in welcoming you but it's nice to see you're already making yourself comfortable here.  :) 

As Mary has shared above, we do have a forum where you can share your artwork/creative projects with us and we also have a DID support area.  If you need help navigating, you're welcome to give me a shout.  

Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

- Cap