New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Hello, I'm new

Hi, looking for somewhere to start talking and very overwhelmed and feel a little silly at the moment. I love games and animals are everything to me, I'd have a hobby farm if I could. Not sure what else to say but hopefully some help from survivers. Thank you 

Hi Lrr1,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you've been thru to lead you here. I know struggles can be overwhelming and you have the right idea to reach out for support. Not many can understand as much as fellow survivors. We are all here to help each other and not walk this path alone.

Feel free to look about the site and interact where and when it feels comfortable to you. It's a big step to reach out and I am wishing you many more steps forward on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

Hello lrr

Welcome to  AS.   I am sorry to hear that you've had to find us, but  glad you did.  I am sad to hear that someone you care about has experienced trauma.  It is always wonderful to see someone willing and wanting to help their family member or friend through this   difficult time.   Just being there for them and letting  them talk without fear of judgement is the absolute best gift you can give them.  Please know and understand that we are also here to support you.  I hope that being here will help you to be able to support your loved one as best as you possibly can.  Please lean on us for support if you need.  

Wishing you all the best!!!

missfrier

Hello missfrier,

Thank you very much and unfortunately here for myself. I found AS when I was looking for exactly this kind of online group as I don't feel ready to talk but want to take steps to recovery and hopefully talk. I feel this is the place to do that and with the support of others.

Thank you lrr1

Hi @Lrr1

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have faced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind, caring community filled with supportive individuals. We are all here to help each other heal. It's normal to feel overwhelmed at the beginning, sometimes talking with other survivors can help you to feel less alone and validate your feelings. You can take as much time as you need looking around the site. Then whenever you are comfortable you are welcome to post and share on the forums as much or as little as you like. I hope you end up finding this place to be as helpful as I do. 

Welcome to AS! :aswelcomesu: I'm glad that you found your way here. I'm so sorry for what you've gone through, though. You'll find a lot of really friendly and supportive people here. You're not alone. ❤️ Ooh what kind of games? I'm a big video game player...and I also love animals. A hobby farm would be so great! Take your time exploring the site. It's normal to be pretty overwhelmed at first. Talking about your experience can be very, very difficult.

Best wishes to you!

-Finch

Welcome @Lrr1 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, @Lrr1 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm glad you've decided to join this community :) I know making your first post can be intimidating, so good job on taking that first step! 

If you need anything, feel free to reach out to me any time! 

Wishing you all the best,
Poppy

Hi, @snmls @mini.finch @8888 and @Poppy_

Thank you so much, the support in this group and the way people are towards one another is so reassuring and supportive. I'm sorry for what's too bought you all here.

I've read a few and already feel like a small weight has been lifted and put into perspective in my head.

I am a pokemon go player 🙈 and I love mind game apps. What games do you play? @mini.finch

Thank you all again so much

Lrr1

3 hours ago, Lrr1 said:

I am a pokemon go player 🙈 and I love mind game apps. What games do you play?

Ooh Pokemon Go! I haven't played that in a couple years because my phone ran out of room. :P It was so fun though. I'm playing several games on the ps4 and Switch. Too many to list...but I like RPG's especially and music games.

@Lrr1 Hello and welcome to After Silence! 

I am sincerely sorry for your reasons to be here. Please know that we fully believe you, and you carry no shame or guilt in this. You are being very brave and taking a crucial step, not being silly. To start our healing journey, we sometimes need to be vulnerable and try out new ways to confront our past. It can be a bit scary for sure, and leave you second guessing yourself, but this is a safe place. We hear you out. 

You can talk about anything here, this forum was created for you. :notalone:

Please let me know if I can help in any way at all. I love games too. Are you a fan of Monopoly or Cluedo? 

- Wanna ☀️

@mini.finchI mainly prefer phone games but my partner has all the playstations from 1-4 and wanting 5 soon. I used to love playing spyro so I might see if I can play that. Pokemon go is really good for me I find and gets me out the house and meeting up with others who play. What kind of music games do you like?

Thank you @WannaMoveOnand I'm sorry for you to be here too. That's really nice to hear and feeling much more reassured. Even after being here a couple of days I feel like I've taken the big step to realise I'm not alone. This place feels made for me and exactly what I was looking for and needed. I do love cluedo and monopoly. Although I don't think I've ever officially finished a game of monopoly 😆

Lrr1

@Lrr1 Oh Monopoly can go on for days, I understand. Cool! There will be a live Cluedo game in my town this summer, where groups up to six people can go looking for clues in the city and try and find the murderer. 

Thank you for the sympathy. I am so happy to hear, that this community is a fit for you. Yes, having a community makes a difference. It's sad to know when someone else has a story, but we can be strong together. Every story is unique, but we tend to relate a lot here :) 

@WannaMoveOn wow a live cluedo game sounds so exciting. Please let me know how it works!? And how it was ☺️

It seems like such a wonderful supportive place. Yes it's very sad people are here with their own stories. I've already read a lot I can relate to

@Lrr1 I am sorry for what occurred to bring you to the site.  I hope you find whatever you need here.  A lot of survivors have ideas that have worked well for them if difficulty in healing occurs.