Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello all. I'm new here.

Venusian

Hello all.  :wave: I'm new here. I joined a few weeks ago and finally worked up the courage to log in and post.

I'm happy to have found this forum; the people here seem very supportive. I've been working through most of the SA I've survived as a teen/adult for 7 years now, but I hadn't been making much progress until last month, when I finally came to realize and accept that what happened to me during my childhood by my family was CSA. This has opened up a sort of Pandora's box for me, and now I'm unraveling repressed memories that are coming up, and my depression and other symptoms are getting out of control. I know that this is the first critical step to healing, and I think of it as starting to clean an old infected wound - it's going to hurt a lot worse before it can heal. I'm now working on this in therapy and doing a lot of work on my own. As painful as this is, I'm happy I'm beginning my healing journey at last.

Edited by Venusian
  • Venusian changed the title to Hello all. I'm new here.

QDear  venusian

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

39 minutes ago, Venusian said:

Hello all.  :wave: I'm new here. I joined a few weeks ago and finally worked up the courage to log in and post.

I'm happy to have found this forum; the people here seem very supportive. I've been working through most of the SA I've survived as a teen/adult for 7 years now, but I hadn't been making much progress until last month, when I finally came to realize and accept that what happened to me during my childhood by my family was CSA. This has opened up a sort of Pandora's box for me, and now I'm unraveling repressed memories that are coming up, and my depression and other symptoms are getting out of control. I know that this is the first critical step to healing, and I think of it as starting to clean an old infected wound - it's going to hurt a lot worse before it can heal. I'm now working on this in therapy and doing a lot of work on my own. As painful as this is, I'm happy I'm beginning my healing journey at last.

Hello Venusian,

Welcome to AS, I am glad you found us. I am a survived of CSA too, there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Just remember you are not alone in this journey, this is a safe place.

Patricia 

Welcome @Venusian to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @Venusian

Welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. Healing takes time and it is a process filled with ups and downs, but over time you will heal and become stronger. Sometimes talking and sharing with other survivors can help in that process and help you to feel less alone. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. I wish you all the best and hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

Hi Venusian,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the abuses you endured, but you will find much support here. Our community is filled with understanding and kind people. You are not alone. You are accepted and validated.

How you describe it has been like how it's been for many of us. We convince ourselves to deny it or suppress it or repress it. I do think tho, we all come to a point that it doesn't work so well anymore. It seems you may be ready. It is a big step. I wish you many more steps forward as you begin this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:

:thanks: Thank you all very much for the warm welcome. I really appreciate your kind words and support. Sorry I was too anxious to log on for a week to say thank you. I do feel encouraged to worry less about posting because of how kind everyone is. Love and blessings to you all 💗