Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I’m new

Hi everyone!

I’m new to here, I thought I would introduce myself and hope I’m doing this in the right place because I’m still trying to figure out the website (sorry haha) I think I previously posted this in the wrong place:(

So, I’m going by the name Salem so nice to meet you all! I’m 24 and looking for a support system and meet people who have went through similar things as me.

I’m currently really struggling with my MH and my trauma from R***, SA and past relationships, I feel like I didn’t deal with those things when they happened, different things happened from 16 to around 20 and I feel like the effects of these things are taking a toll on me now as they have went unprocessed and it’s effecting my life and current relationship.

Just looking to browse for advice and healing tips (especially while in a relationship) and also hope to feel comfortable enough in the future to share my story and get things off my chest.

I am feeling positive thankfully about all this and am grateful for my partner finding me this website.

Hope you are all well. :)

Hello, @XwitchhuntX - 

Welcome to After Silence!  I'm called Cap and I'm one of the site's moderators.  I'm sorry that terrible circumstances have led you here - but do feel glad you have found us.  We're a safe place and are filled with many others who are in the same boat and who completely understand your current struggles. You're definitely not alone, here.  Many, including myself, have struggled with relationships and can understand how tough it can be to find some balance.

You'll soon hear from a member of our Newbie Support Team.  Until then, I am just a holler away if you have any questions.  This is a big site, but I'm sure you'll be an expert in no time! :) 

Best wishes to you in your healing process and congratulations on taking this next step within your journey.

Best wishes,
Capulet

P.S. - no worries about the duplicate post - I've taken care of that. 😉  Thank you for introducing yourself!  It is nice to 'meet' you.

Hi Salem,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have endured trauma and now struggle as a result. It is never right for anyone to hurt you, but do know that you will find much support and understanding here. You really are not alone.

Continue to look around and interact where you feel comfortable. There is no pressure or judgment here. It takes courage to reach out, so please know this is acknowledged. I wish you well as you move forward down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

(Added note: if you log in on your phone, you will need to make sure your theme of layout is Chameleon Light or Chameleon Dark to access some features. Scroll to the bottom of the main screen and toggle from Old Default to one of these choices).

Dear salem

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Welcome Salem to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

On 11/15/2020 at 4:29 PM, XwitchhuntX said:

Hi everyone!

I’m new to here, I thought I would introduce myself and hope I’m doing this in the right place because I’m still trying to figure out the website (sorry haha) I think I previously posted this in the wrong place:(

So, I’m going by the name Salem so nice to meet you all! I’m 24 and looking for a support system and meet people who have went through similar things as me.

I’m currently really struggling with my MH and my trauma from R***, SA and past relationships, I feel like I didn’t deal with those things when they happened, different things happened from 16 to around 20 and I feel like the effects of these things are taking a toll on me now as they have went unprocessed and it’s effecting my life and current relationship.

Just looking to browse for advice and healing tips (especially while in a relationship) and also hope to feel comfortable enough in the future to share my story and get things off my chest.

I am feeling positive thankfully about all this and am grateful for my partner finding me this website.

Hope you are all well. :)

Hello Salem! I am Wanna, nice to meet you :flowers:

Very, very good thing that you decided to try out a community. If you want to browse for different advice and receive support, I'd say this place is ideal. We have a wide variety of forums and discuss anything here. Mental health, coping mechanism, recovery and relationships are just a few examples of frequent topics. 

I am happy to hear that you feel grateful for your partner. Combining an unprocessed trauma with a relationship can be very difficult and feel complicated. By opening up here though, it might become easier to discuss your struggle IRL and acknowledge your needs.

We are here to help each other out :) 

I am truly sorry for your trauma. Please know that us staff is here if you would need anything at all.  :supportu:

My warmest welcomes

- Wanna ☀️

Dear Salem,

Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but I'm happy you found us.  This is a kind and supportive community full of people who understand what it's like to go through SA, r***, etc.  

I remember when I first joined, I was so nervous I didn't post for a long time.  But slowly, I met people here and read through the forums and really started to feel at home.  This is a safe place to talk about some of those difficult things (or not), whenever you are ready and would like to.  

We're here for you and I wish you the best on your healing journey.  

Gold Raindrops