Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

helena26

Hello everyone, I am a new member and have to admit I'm not really sure what I should be doing and saying right now.  I have never done anything like this before yet already I have read many comforting words. 

Hi Helena,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that has brought you here, but it is a very supportive site. The members truly are kind and understanding. What you have said is fine. This is basically an intro forum, and you have done that. Take your times with the rest. You can post in our other forums or respond to others when you are ready. There is no judgment or pressure here. It is a big step to reach out, and I am sure it will be one of many as you walk down your healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

((((Helena))))

Welcome to AS! What you said was perfect. This is just a general introduction and I don't think that anyone really knows what to say with their first posts. I am sorry for what brings you here but I hope that you are able to find the support you need. You are not alone. 

Wishin

Welcome Helena. I am sorry that you have a reason to be here but am glad you found AS - it is a truly amazing and supportive community. I didn't know what to write in my first post either. Like many here I had never been part of a forum or been on any online chats. But after the first few posts it gets easier, you will see. Have a look around and take your time. We are here for you. :notalone:

Thank You MeBeMary, Wishinuponastar, phoenixxx and reglois for your friendly welcomes, it means a lot.  I didn't know what to do or what to expect but already I am so glad I found this site.  Hope to chat to you all again :-) 

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

Hello Helena, from one Irish lady to another, you are very welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and i am a member of the Newbie support team here. I hope you are finding your way around okay, if you need any help please dont hesitate to contact me or one of the team.

take care, Paula :aswelcomesu:

Hi, Helena! Welcome to AS! I had never done something like this when I first came here, but have found the people here to be so supportive of each other & this place a wealth of information. Take your time to feel comfortable - it is ok to just read & post as you can. :flowers: